Swiftech H240X2 water block change

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
9 hours ago, cool username said:

Long story short im looking into changing the block on the H240X2 but swiftech says their waterblock is designed for that pump and other ones wont be as effective at cooling. I have a Heatkiller IV Pro but im looking at the XSPC Raystorm Pro. Do I need to use the swiftech block or can I change it for anyone I want to use?

It's not a problem changing the waterblock, the pump that comes with the swiftech is a DDC unit which has very good pressure and won't have a problem. 

Long story short im looking into changing the block on the H240X2 but swiftech says their waterblock is designed for that pump and other ones wont be as effective at cooling. I have a Heatkiller IV Pro but im looking at the XSPC Raystorm Pro. Do I need to use the swiftech block or can I change it for anyone I want to use?

9 hours ago, cool username said:

It's not a problem changing the waterblock, the pump that comes with the swiftech is a DDC unit which has very good pressure and won't have a problem. 

15 minutes ago, W-L said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I have an h220 x2 with an EK Supremacy Evo and hardline tubing. I'll take a picture of it later if you want. 

• 2 weeks later...

The first H240X2 had a leaky waterblock and the second had a crack in the reservoir. I returned for a refund and bought a Corsair h115i. I'm done with swiftech.