Which Laptop Should I Choose

Hi

I am choosing between 2 Asus laptop and I don't know which to choose. I am fairly tech savvy, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out which of these two laptops was better. Each of them has a Core I7 6700hq, a 1tb hdd, a 128gb ssd, and 1080p ips displays. Build quality on both of them is about the same. The only difference is one has 12gb of ram and a gtx 965m and one has 16gb of ram and a gtx 960m. They cost the same price and I play games like Overwatch, Batman Arkham Knight and Skyrim ( the revamped edition ). Which one will get me more fps at 1080p at high enough settings. And I found these on a listing on Craigslist, so if you find a better specced system for $350 (€300) online please tell me. I mostly care about gaming performance.

Thanks

You can easily upgrade the 12Gb laptop to 16Gb, you cannot upgrade the 960m laptop to a 965m laptop. In my country it's about $6-$10 for a 4Gb laptop stick sodimm. Go for the laptop with the 965M.

1 minute ago, The_Falconer said:

You can easily upgrade the 12Gb laptop to 16Gb, you cannot upgrade the 960m laptop to a 965m laptop. In my country it's about $6-$10 for a 4Gb laptop stick sodimm. Go for the laptop with the 965M.

I was in the middle of typing almost the same thing and now I'm kinda salty about it.

The difference will be minimal between the 960m and 965m, might as well go for the 16GB model, because more and more games are recommending you have at least 16GB of RAM. Plus, other programs like Creative Cloud apps such as Premiere Pro and Photoshop love eating RAM, so having more of it will be more beneficial to you.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

15 minutes ago, TDCDigital said:

Hi

I am choosing between 2 Asus laptop and I don't know which to choose. I am fairly tech savvy, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out which of these two laptops was better. Each of them has a Core I7 6700hq, a 1tb hdd, a 128gb ssd, and 1080p ips displays. Build quality on both of them is about the same. The only difference is one has 12gb of ram and a gtx 965m and one has 16gb of ram and a gtx 960m. They cost the same price and I play games like Overwatch, Batman Arkham Knight and Skyrim ( the revamped edition ). Which one will get me more fps at 1080p at high enough settings. And I found these on a listing on Craigslist, so if you find a better specced system for $350 (€300) online please tell me. I mostly care about gaming performance.

Thanks

Dell Inspiron 7567

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

35 minutes ago, domandric034 said:

Dell Inspiron 7567

I looked the dell up on Amazon and it cost around $1000. That is way over my budget

44 minutes ago, The_Falconer said:

The laptop has 2 ram slots. One with 8gb and one with 4gb. So had have to buy a 8gb sodimm. How much would one of them cost

1 minute ago, TDCDigital said:

The laptop has 2 ram slots. One with 8gb and one with 4gb. So had have to buy a 8gb sodimm. How much would one of them cost

It would very much depend on your country, whether you buy used or not etc. Buying new will set you back as much as $60 for a new stick of SODIMM DDR4, however in my country (UK) a used 8gb stick will cost £20 from CEX, basically $25. I recommend buying used ram if you are on a budget and you can return it easily if it arrives broken. RAM doesn't normally die, nor can virus's or etc be placed on them, so I recommend buying it used to save money

1 minute ago, The_Falconer said:

It would very much depend on your country, whether you buy used or not etc. Buying new will set you back as much as $60 for a new stick of SODIMM DDR4, however in my country (UK) a used 8gb stick will cost £20 from CEX, basically $25. I recommend buying used ram if you are on a budget and you can return it easily if it arrives broken. RAM doesn't normally die, nor can virus's or etc be placed on them, so I recommend buying it used to save money

Thank you I think I will buy the gtx 965m version because I found out that in some applications it's up to 25% faster then the 960m