Really comfortable headphones for around 100$

Hey there, I'm looking to buy some pretty cheap headphones that I'd wear a lot. I'd like them to be over ear and open back, but I don't really care about sound quality. (I know, come at me xD)

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD 518 and I love them, but since the connector is stupidly long cause of the adapter (6.3 to 3.5mm) it has already broken 2 audio jacks, and don't have enough cash to get the 558's with the replaceable cable, so I was looking for some cheaper alternatives.

So, what do you guys recommend?

The 558s are going for around $92 on Amazon right now.  

1 minute ago, revl8er said:

The 558s are going for around $92 on Amazon right now.  

Really? They're quite expensive in romania...

Ah, ok that explains it then.  Not sure on the difference in price between the US and Romania.  You could try the Hyper x clouds, but the sound quality might be a bit lower than the 518s.  

3 minutes ago, revl8er said:

Ah, ok that explains it then.  Not sure on the difference in price between the US and Romania.  You could try the Hyper x clouds, but the sound quality might be a bit lower than the 518s.  

They're about 200$ (800 ron) here.

Are the HyperX's open back? From the pictures and a quick F3 search of a review they don't seem to be...

I have the HyperX Cloud II's and they are on the high end of the comfort scale for $100 headphones

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

3 hours ago, Grx said:

Hey there, I'm looking to buy some pretty cheap headphones that I'd wear a lot. I'd like them to be over ear and open back, but I don't really care about sound quality. (I know, come at me xD)

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD 518 and I love them, but since the connector is stupidly long cause of the adapter (6.3 to 3.5mm) it has already broken 2 audio jacks, and don't have enough cash to get the 558's with the replaceable cable, so I was looking for some cheaper alternatives.

Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

4 hours ago, Grx said:

If the only problem is the connector, you can mod the cable and put a 3.5mm one or buy an adaptor like the cardas one. 

31N06amxzFL._SY400_.jpg

doesn't the 518 have  replaceable cable?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

17 hours ago, Railgun said:

I have the HyperX Cloud II's and they are on the high end of the comfort scale for $100 headphones

&

13 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger

I'd prefer an open-back pair of headphones... I don't really like how closed-back headphones isolate the sound and the closed-back headphones I had in the past became uncomfortable if I wore them for long at a time, tough I haven't tested any other headphones...

11 hours ago, spwath said:

doesn't the 518 have  replaceable cable?

Unfortunately not, that's only for 558's and up.

13 hours ago, elira said:

If the only problem is the connector, you can mod the cable and put a 3.5mm one or buy an adaptor like the cardas one. 

31N06amxzFL._SY400_.jpg

Will try, thanks!