Is it safe to sell your used computer parts on ebay?

Hi, I have used xeons for sale. I want to know if it's safe to put them on ebay? Will price them 500$ each.

What xeons exactly?  I would sell on ebay though,  no issues there

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

So long as you avoid selling to anyone with no feedback, those who say "I'll send you a check", or those that want to pay outside of Paypal and encourage you to do anything outside of ebay then you'll be fine.

I've sold plenty of parts on there, I make sure to document everything very well, especially that it works and the serial numbers and keep that stuff to make sure nobody tries to pull a fast one. Never happened but I like to be safe :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

What xeons exactly?  I would sell on ebay though,  no issues there

They are E5 2675 V3, you can put them on dual cpu motherboard. They will give you 32 cores and 64 threads. They run very cool even 100% load. 

11 minutes ago, workstationguy said:

They are E5 2675 V3, you can put them on dual cpu motherboard. They will give you 32 cores and 64 threads. They run very cool even 100% load. 

Yeah, if priced competitively they will sell quick. Ebay and PayPal have your back if the buyer tries to get scummy. Just document everything, hell video you putting the working xeon in the box then video you shipping the box if you want to be super safe. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Yeah, go for it. Personally I would put them up on something local like Kijiji or Craigslist. Ebay works too - it will sell faster and you won't have people trying to wiggle the price down, just know that Ebay charges some fees and you've got to work shipping into it. It's super unlikely you'll get anyone with the intention of scamming you, just watch out who you sell to. If they seem sketchy, they probably are - you can typically tell. Unfortunately these days on Ebay it's the seller that's got to be cautious, not the buyer as Ebay almost never has the seller's back. You'll be fine though, it's very unlikely and as long as you're careful.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

eBay is fine as long as you use Paypal and don't do payments outside of eBay. Make your listings as accurate as possible, search what other people are selling Xeons for and price similarly, and you should be fine. These days it's pretty hard to get outright scammed on eBay, and I haven't had anybody try to scam me in years...unless you count somebody wanting to send me $400 cash for a $600 camera I was trying to get rid of