GTX 10/ AMD RX Series with Legacy/UEFI Switch

Hi, guys
After i got many answer on my previous thread, I just realized my Motherboard only support old BIOS(Legacy i think) :/
It's a bit irritating me because latest gpu card only support UEFI BIOS. I've looked some GTX 1000 series that support Legacy/UEFI Compatibility but i didn't get any:/
Perhaps anyone here knows which brand that has Legacy/UEFI vBIOS Switch on GTX 1060/1050TI,RX 580/RX 480/RX 570 ?
Please let me know by put it in the comment if you know/have it^^ Thanks

My Poteto

a11.png
w/ Annoying Double-Clicky Mouse :v

I never knew any new GPU would not post with LEGACY BIOS.

where did you get that information?

you realise the UEFI in the name on GPUs is just to certify that they work with UEFI-based machines and that BIOS based machines work fine with them. 

Seriously, go and buy any modern GPU and shove it in your system, even if it has the UEFI tag in the name. It'll work, woah!

idk

6 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

I never knew any new GPU would not post with LEGACY BIOS.

where did you get that information?

I saw someone posted it on other forum, his RX 470 wouldn't boot up on old motherboard..

I'm waiting for someone who has GTX 1000 / RX 400/500 series on their Legacy Mobo, 1 system will break my assume, that will be very helpful :/

1 minute ago, Yukha said:

I saw someone posted it on other forum, his RX 470 wouldn't boot up on old motherboard..

I'm waiting for someone who has GTX 1000 / RX 400/500 series on their Legacy Mobo, 1 system will break my assume, that will be very helpful :/

Probably dead GPU, since DOA is common

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

Probably dead GPU, since DOA is common

fvvk me with my low budget :/ just if i had twice of my current, i would buy new build instead just psu+gpu :/
Seems like i have to bet it..

No, as for RX 470/480 is because PCIE Power regulation was over draw so motherboard wouldn't boot. It's pretty common problem for that card.

With newer motherboard some brand can draw more than 75w so it wouldn't be a problem.

I'm actually surprised that older motherboard have better quality control compared to newer motherboard.

Just now, Blebekblebek said:

No, as for RX 470/480 is because PCIE Power regulation was over draw so motherboard wouldn't boot. It's pretty common problem for that card.

Was a problem, AMD patched it out. Now puts more load on EPS 

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

so how to update the driver if we can't boot up ?

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

this isn't software problem, if the card wouldn't boot before patch it still won't boot after patch.

patch only solving problem to motherboard that can boot, but cannot maintain stability in the OS.

The number of people who actually using that card with OLD motherboard is very low, so it doesn't actually goes much viral.

Just now, Yukha said:

so how to update the driver if we can't boot up ?

Check manufacture date or buy a non-reference card

It affected early units and was fixed in a newer BIOS

this isn't software problem, if the card wouldn't boot before patch it still won't boot after patch.

patch only solving problem to motherboard that can boot, but cannot maintain stability in the OS.

The number of people who actually using that card with OLD motherboard is very low, so it doesn't actually goes much viral.

it's marketed towards low-mid end gaming, it is built for all mobos. it was patched with a vBIOS update, not a driver release. and yes, it did go viral, look at tomshardware's testing of it

idk

What I meant doesn't go viral is for users, most people just gave up by upgrading their system entirely or replaced the card (if the stores allowed trading it).

if you meant, updating the BIOS, meh... Not even me would do that unless I want to risk burning $200.

3 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

What I meant doesn't go viral is for users, most people just gave up by upgrading their system entirely or replaced the card (if the stores allowed trading it).

if you meant, updating the BIOS, meh... Not even me would do that unless I want to risk burning $200.

sadly my bios stuck at 2010 version:/ it's the latest tho lel

Just now, Yukha said:

sadly my bios stuck at 2010 version:/ it's the latest tho lel

We are not talking about motherboard bios, it's Video Card Bios.

6 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

AMD fixed it with drivers and optimization within around a week and a half. 

Then they issued a new vBIOS to OEMs to put on their cards, which further fixed the issue. 

And multiple sites reported on it, with TomsHardware even measuring what power it took with an oscilloscope. 

Board partners also released versions of the card with an eight-pin connector instead of a six-pin, which lead to even less draw from the slot.

idk

10 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

AMD fixed it with drivers and optimization within around a week and a half. 

Then they issued a new vBIOS to OEMs to put on their cards, which further fixed the issue. 

And multiple sites reported on it, with TomsHardware even measuring what power it took with an oscilloscope. 

Board partners also released versions of the card with an eight-pin connector instead of a six-pin, which lead to even less draw from the slot.

That's the after-case, and we are not discussing about that.

We are discussing what should people do if they got this problem, RMA would be the best.

but then again, that's AMD problems.

OP said he want to use Nvidia, I never read any problems with nvidia products if it combined with old/new motherboard.

eg

Edited by Blebekblebek
damn auto correct

that's a 1050Ti 75W shitbox. Both Nvidia and AMD cards of various generations draw more than 75W from the slot. Motherboards are built to supply more than 75W from the slot. 

An RX 470 for example drew 55W from the slot and 85w from PCIe at release - that's lower than 1060FE slot draw. 

And with the compatibility mode introduced in that driver release, it is within margin of error of the PCI SIG's mobo spec. 

idk

On 5/20/2017 at 2:22 PM, Blebekblebek said:

That's wrong link

I meant this one, similar to OP spec.

s

just bought gtx 1060 already :v zotac amp! +.. :v
sadly.. this beast will ate as much power as the card won't heat up ( idk i already underclocked it with all-left setting on firestorm or afterburner , but when i started unigine, the core clock became 2000mhz!! more than 1835 boost clock:/ ) .. and we can't do anything about his voltage :/
anyone know how to underclock gtx 1060? i'm going to do so before i buy new psu.. my current psu doesn't give much power, it will shut off when gpu ask more..

edit: don't believe my last statement.. it's just a visual bug :v unigine display 2012 mhz core clock, but afterburner and gpu-z shows 1400mhz downclocked 1600-1800mhz normal.. :v
but i still got random black screen/restart on high load.. just if we can set the voltage :/ mine is locked, any hw shows 0 volt, except gpu-z 0.6v on idle(never saw on load) :/