3 minutes ago, Dipu Kazi said:

Yes,man. I5's l2 and l3 cache is greater and larger than r5's. 

I think you got that backwards.

i5 i7600K s L2: 3x256K, L3: 6M

R5 1400 is L2:4x512K, L3: 8M

R5 1500X is L2:4x512K, L3: 16M

R5 1600 is L2: 6x512K, L3: 16M

4 minutes ago, Dipu Kazi said:

Yes,man. I5's l2 and l3 cache is greater and larger than r5's. But at low cost and great perfomance r5 is the best.

Well for lowest cost to maximum performance I would say the G4560 is the budget king.

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Skylake-X has a 10% improvement in IPC over Broadwell-E, but again, we don't know how much the larger L2 cache will boost performance. And Kabylake-X is meant for enthusiasts who want high clock and high core count CPUs on the same platform.

You mean like Kabylake is a 15% improvement of Skylake? You have me in stitches my good man LOL

If anyone asks you never saw me.

2 hours ago, NinJake said:

Definitely go Ryzen. i5s are obsolete these days.

They aren't obsolete lol.  That's like saying Skylake and older are obsolete. Just because something better has come out, that doesn't mean a close performer is obsolete.

I vote Ryzen btw.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

You mean like Kabylake is a 15% improvement of Skylake? You have me in stitches my good man LOL

No, it's not. Kabylake doesn't have higher IPC than Skylake, but it does clock 10-15% higher :D But Skylake has 10% higher IPC than Broadwell

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

They aren't obsolete lol.  That's like saying Skylake and older are obsolete. Just because something better has come out, that doesn't mean a close performer is obsolete.

I vote Ryzen btw.

There saying that due to the bang for your buck there no reason going i5 over r5

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

No, it's not. Kabylake doesn't have higher IPC than Skylake, but it does clock 10-15% higher :D But Skylake has 10% higher IPC than Broadwell

Just curious. Are you using a crystal ball or bones? ;) 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Just curious. Are you using a crystal ball or bones? ;) 

I am using reviews:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/9

I was wrong, Skylake has 4% higher IPC than Broadwell xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I vote Ryzen btw.

Yeah, I'm not saying because its older... well I kind of am. But older in the sense that with so many options for hyperthreading or more physical cores, if someone is buying a NEW pc these days, mind as well get an i7 with 4 cores 8 threads than any i5 which is only 4 cores w/o hyperthreading.

Especially with Ryzen, mind as well make use of that processing power instead of being locked to 4 cores. I don't care if people say multiple cores aren't utilized these days. What about tomorrow or next year? Do you want to be upgrading your CPU and possibly your motherboard in 1 year to keep up with the times or would you have it already in place.

When spending such a "big" chunk of money on something like a custom PC, you're better off spending a little more to save yourself years down the line. Otherwise you'll end up upgrading sooner than later and potentially spending more money than if you just saved up money from the start.

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I am using reviews:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/9

I was wrong, Skylake has 4% higher IPC than Broadwell xD

A 6800k is not Broadwell ;) The big improvement from Haswell to Skylake is DDR4, you can overclock the RAM on a 4790k like mine to see that. 

Far more important than any of this for Skylake-X is price. 

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

A 6800k is not Broadwell ;) 

It is Broadwell-E, which means that it has Skylake IPC but clocks SUCK. 

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

Far more important than any of this for Skylake-X is price. 

And dat L2 cache :D

It is Broadwell-E, which means that it has Skylake IPC but clocks SUCK. 

And dat L2 cache :D

Meh, for gaming that cashe won't help. For anything else Ryzen is still by far the better price to performance. Unless Intel blows my mind and does something about their pricing. 

Just now, App4that said:

Meh, for gaming that cashe won't help. 

We don't know actually. AFAIK, this is the first time we've seen an increase in L2 cache size and BTW L3 cache does increase gaming performance (slightly)

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

Unless Intel blows my mind and does something about their pricing

Idk, TBH I believe that the 8 core won't cost $1000 anymore

We don't know actually. AFAIK, this is the first time we've seen an increase in L2 cache size and BTW L3 cache does increase gaming performance (slightly)

Idk, TBH I believe that the 8 core won't cost $1000 anymore

AMD's 8 core will still cost 330 bucks and come close to the same performance. If I was just a gamer with loads of money and no concern of the future the 7700k has selling points, Skylake X doesn't. Intel would have to drop the price of the 6900k replacement down to 400 bucks at least to give me a reason to buy.

But we've wandered a bit.