♠ How to floating desk without visible mounting? ♦

trzasku

I am willing to do everything to have a floating desk without visible mounting, exactly like that one on the photo. In fact, I am planning to find the exact desk of this photo (if you know the model or know hot to find it please help) and use it in my home office. But how do I mount it to the wall without visible mounting under the desk?

simple-home-office-desk-Valcucine.jpgsimple-home-office-design-ideas-wall-mou

I have found a way to mount floating shelfs, but will this be enought for a floating desk without pc and/or monitors on it (only mouse/keyboard)? If yes, could someone link me a tested one?

polki-ikea-lack-422081602.jpg

Yes thats good enough, but maybe a bit more hardcore one. you can also just fabricate your own one. make sure you go overkill on the wall plugs :) 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I built a floating desk for my computer using wood a wood beam I mounted to the wall with 2inch deep anchors and then just built a frame to fit around it but I found it always dropped a little. I changed it to what I currently have which is a 120cm wide x 60cm deep ikea tabletop (real wood for sturdiness) with 3x ikea shelf brackets on the back wall (on 2 sides and in middle). Best system I've had and really minimalistic. 

I also built myself a floating bed which was easier as I could anchor to 3 walls.

EDIT: Also for warning, I mounted my PC to the wall under the desk (but not so desk can sit on PC) and mounted monitor & speakers to the wall behind and it still sagged.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

@ThatCoolBlueKidd Still sagged with the 3x ikea shelf brackets? Could you link me the ones you have?

EDIT: If you have time, I see you are an exprt in floating things. What is the best way to make the hole in the desk?

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:50 AM, trzasku said:

@ThatCoolBlueKidd Still sagged with the 3x ikea shelf brackets? Could you link me the ones you have?

EDIT: If you have time, I see you are an exprt in floating things. What is the best way to make the hole in the desk?

Didn't sag with the 3x Ikea shelve brackets, although it is in a corner and I have a small metal one on the other side as well to give it extra support. 

I use these at the back (on 2 sides and in middle) http://www.ikea.com/hk/en/catalog/products/10181590/ but I used a saw to cut the "top" piece off so it's a flush triangle without the extrusion on the one side. The hole in the desk for the cables I have put in the center but offset about 1inch to avoid drilling through the support bracket and then used a black marker (paint would've worked too) to paint the inside of the hole so that it isn't that obvious with all the black cables going through.

I am not yet finished with my setup as I still need to remount my monitor and speakers to my wall and do some serious cable management (also switching to a wireless mouse & keyboard to try limit cables) but hope to be finished soon.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.