Intel Core i9?

Just now, App4that said:

Ryzen is selling too. Intel sells because people are slow to catch up. As more and more poeple figure out they're throwing money away by buying Intel, Intel will responde. 

Intel sells because they've consistently sold for decades.  High end and mainstream remains dominated by Intel whether we feel it's good or bad.  The 7700k continues to outsell every Ryzen chip available.  I am by no means saying that makes it better, but it isn't nearly as bad as you continually portray in your posts.  You don't accidentally have the top selling chip. 

AMD has a great chip especially when you factor in value.   Intel has a few great chips as well.  Depending on where you are in the market, either would work well for you.  

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Intel sells because they've consistently sold for decades.  High end and mainstream remains dominated by Intel whether we feel it's good or bad.  The 7700k continues to outsell every Ryzen chip available.  I am by no means saying that makes it better, but it isn't nearly as bad as you continually portray in your posts.  You don't accidentally have the top selling chip. 

AMD has a great chip especially when you factor in value.   Intel has a few great chips as well.  Depending on where you are in the market, either would work well for you.  

Actually, the 7700k IS that bad. It has the same performance as the 6700k it's supposed to replace, only has thermal issues from poor quality. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, done12many2 said:

On average, the 7700k overclocks roughly 400 MHz higher then the average 6700k.  So what you're talking about can't be there.

At stock speeds, the 7700k is faster so that can't be it.

Thermals are indeed higher.  Hasn't stopped the 400 MHz average increase over the 6700k from happening.

BS ROFL. The 7700k tops out at 5GHz, my 4790k runs at 4.8Ghz. Few 6700ks on this forum at 5Ghz.

Soooooo

1 hour ago, App4that said:

BS ROFL. The 7700k tops out at 5GHz, my 4790k runs at 4.8Ghz. Few 6700ks on this forum at 5Ghz.

Soooooo

Edited

13 minutes ago, App4that said:

Soooooo

And few 7700Ks can do 5.2+GHz...

19 minutes ago, App4that said:

Actually, the 7700k IS that bad. It has the same performance as the 6700k it's supposed to replace, only has thermal issues from poor quality. 

ROFL what? Intel simply used excessive amounts of adhesive, this is why the 7700K has thermal issues. The thermal paste is fine and the quality is top notch 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

"BS ROFL"?  Wow, I can't believe I used to enjoy your posts.  Seems as if the higher that post count gets, the more you rely on people just believing the things you say.  Sad.

Lucky for us I used to have a 4790k, a 6700k, and now have a 7700k.  Rest assured it is better and faster.  I tend to speak from first hand experience.  Not BS as you indicated.  I don't talk about what my friends CPU can or can't do.  I don't talk about what I read in some forum or review.  I talk about what I know first hand.  

I was wrong.  The difference in average is roughly 370 MHz, not the 400 MHz that I previously stated.  Hell, even if it was only a 200 MHz difference, it still wouldn't make the 7700k nearly as bad as your trying to convince people it is.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1621347/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide-with-statistics/0_100

http://www.overclock.net/t/1570313/skylake-overclocking-guide-with-statistics/0_100

You're getting upset because you're defending a purchase. That's kinda silly, sorry.

The 7700k offers no improvement over the 6700k other than a slightly higher overclock on average, an overclock that does little for gaming performance. On it's own that's no big deal. plenty of companies rebrand. The issue is the shit thermal compound that causes thermal issues only solved by deliding the CPU and voiding the warranty. Then Intel responded by telling people NOT to overclock, thus removing the ONLY advantage the 7700k enjoyed over the 6700k.

Now let's have a come to jesus talk.

I don't care if you like my posts, or if you're butt hurt I'm picking on your purchase. Intel fucked you over. If you want to transfer that anger to me, so be it. But I'll call bull shit on you all day long. Because it means someone reading this might avoid your fate. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

You're getting upset because you're defending a purchase. That's kinda silly, sorry.

He already has a 5960X and he has binned more than 50 7700Ks.... Why would he need to defend his purchase?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

The issue is the shit thermal compound that causes thermal issues

Nooooooo, the thermal paste is fine, but Intel uses too much adhesive, so the IHS doesn't make good contact with the die....

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

He already has a 5960X and he has binned more than 50 7700Ks.... Why would he need to defend his purchase?

He's defending Intel. That's defending a purchase. Intel sells a 350 dollar CPU that reqires deliding.

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Nooooooo, the thermal paste is fine, but Intel uses too much adhesive, so the IHS doesn't make good contact with the die....

Tell everyone who's done a overclocking review that. Because they all say the thermal paste sucks.

Keep telling yourself that.  Speaking of justifying, the more you play down the 6700k and the 7700k, the more you can justify your 4790k.  Smartly done sir!

You've become very sad.  It really sucks to see another car guy heading south.  

You didn't read, you reacted. I praise the 6700k, it's a great CPU. I put the 6700k over the 7700k, because you don't have to delid the 6700k. The point of contention here is that need to delid the 7700k. My 4790k is only a part of the conversation because it runs at close to the same speed as the 7700k that requires delidding.

Picking up on the theme here?

I'm not a car guy, I'm a PC guy. I react when a company rips off the communtiy, and respond when someone defends them. 

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

He's defending Intel. That's defending a purchase. Intel sells a 350 dollar CPU that reqires deliding.

So it would be better if Intel soldered it, wouldn't it? Too bad they can't

http://overclocking.guide/the-truth-about-cpu-soldering/

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

Tell everyone who's done a overclocking review that. Because they all say the thermal paste sucks.

Well, they didn't do their research then.

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

So it would be better if Intel soldered it, wouldn't it? Too bad they can't

http://overclocking.guide/the-truth-about-cpu-soldering/

Well, they didn't do their research then.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/55497/7700k-delidded-30c-reduction-temps-wtf-intel/index.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/kaby-lake-de-lidding-overclocking-test,4970.html

Better write those emails to set them straight. 

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Your 7700k runs 500 MHz slower then my 7700k with slightly worse IPC.  I'll be glad to compare its performance to your 4790k in any format you choose.  

You do not need to delid a 7700k for a moderate overclock.  Sure if you want to run 5 GHz or more with a AIO, you may need to delid it, but guess what, you needed to do the same for a 6700k at 4.9 or higher.  Same heat density bud.  It's surprising that people are shocked by this.  

Yeah, I've definitely picked up on a theme.  

My mistake.  Maybe your weren't serious when you mentioned your days of drag racing. 

You want to prove your CPU beats a CPU form years past, OK LOL. Cinebench? I'll even run the 4.7GHz daily I run. 

My point you keep flying over is Intel told you NOT to overclock. It's their reaction to their customers having thermal issues, even at stock frequencies...

And my identity is fluid, though I do appreciate you remmebering.

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

From your own references.  "Even at 96C, the 7700K was stable at 5GHz with 1.34V coursing through its silicon, while 1.264V was used at a stable 4.7GHz (and hitting 83C) on a Corsair H110i cooler on quiet mode."

Yeah it's hot, but a 6700k couldn't do that at all without delidding.  You're downplaying of the 7700k as equal to the 6700k is just another exaggeration.  

That's the issue, if Intel had properly applied the heat spreaderm you'd be running in the 70's. 

going to run that Cinebench now. 

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

My Cinebench R15 scores are already on the roster in the Cinebench thread just so you don't think I'm just doing something to beat you.  You really don't have to run it.  I already know the rough outcome, but post if you'd like.  You'll note that for submission to the Cinebench thread, some proof of clock speed and voltage is required.

Notice the single core. You're defending how much of an improvement over 3 cycles? I also didn't disable my anti virus, or run multiple runs looking for the best. Not required to prove my point. 

cineb.jpg

1 hour ago, App4that said:

Notice the single core. You're defending how much of an improvement over 3 cycles? I also didn't disable my anti virus, or run multiple runs looking for the best. Not required to prove my point. 

Nice

Bud, I score 18 to 20% higher in multi-core and 15% or more higher in single core at my daily clocks.  Now I'm not saying that the 7700k is GREAT.  All I am saying is it's not nearly at bad as you try to convince people it is.

Yes, it is LOL. I'm talking about the thermal performnce. I'm talking about the problem Intel is ignoring, worse flat out denying. That's bad because that leaves little hope they'll address it with the i9, this topic. They'll continue to go cheap, tell people not to overclock, and look to you to quiet any concerns. 

I want them to fix the problem and offer compitition to the Ryzen line up, not fall back on brand loyalty pulling them along.

Just now, done12many2 said:

That's not what you were just saying in your previous posts.  You said that 7700k performed on par with the 6700k and implied that it was barely any better then a 4790k.

I already acknowledged that the 7700k runs warmer.

At the same frequency, that's true. That was said in conjunction with Intel telling people not to overclock. Thus equalizing the frequency. 

My point and anger lies in Intel telling people not to overclock CPUs they sell for opverclocking because THEY went cheap in the production of those CPUs. 

28 minutes ago, App4that said:

At the same frequency, that's true. That was said in conjunction with Intel telling people not to overclock. Thus equalizing the frequency. 

My point and anger lies in Intel telling people not to overclock CPUs they sell for opverclocking because THEY went cheap in the production of those CPUs. 

Agreed.  At the same frequency they are identical.  Now we're on the same sheet of music.

Where they differ is what happens when pushed.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I have been through dozens upon dozens of 7700k CPUs and can tell you from first hand experience, they are only slightly warmer then 6700k CPUs at the same given frequency.  When you start pushing 5 GHz and higher with an AIO type cooler, they are going to get hot.  Sometimes very hot.  A lot of people had their hearts set on 5 GHz + for daily use and this contributed to the sky's falling mentality with regards to the 7700k's supposed thermal problems.  

My chip is delidded and cooled via a large custom loop.  I was able to run 5.1 GHz daily before I even delidded it.  I was prepared cooling wise.  Most aren't.

Anyways, figuring that you didn't want to dig through hundreds of pages worth of posts on the Cinebench thread, here is my score with a 5.3 GHz overclock.  I run 5.3 daily so I attached an 8 hour RealBench screen shot of stability.   

1196cb vs 948cb = 22% higher in multi-threaded 

235cb vs 185cb  = 22% higher in single-threaded

With regards to stock or overclocked performance, the 7700k isn't what we'd hope in generational improvements from Intel, but it definitely doesn't suck.

Intel increased the amount of silicon adhesive used when securing the IHS to the substrate.  This in turn resulted in a tiny gap remaining between the IHS and die.  While this gap is filled with TIM, it has no adequate pressure to aid the transfer of heat.  I suspect that Intel did this in order to better protect the die and substrate, which is thinner on KBL compared to SKL.  The TIM that they use is perfectly fine.

Untitled.jpg

RealBench (8hr) @ 5.3 GHz (Adaptive @ 1.44v with 1.439v average during load).jpg

lol made a post on this too and got confused xD