Cooling an Intel i7 7700k

I want to get an Intel Core i7 7700k for my build, but how should I cool it? Air cooling and RGB lighting is preferred. 

Note: This is my first time building a PC.

NH-D14 or NH-D15 with some other fans? a Cryorig H7 would also work fine. the RGB you will have to add yourself, probably with fans or RGB strips

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the RGB you will have to add yourself, probably with fans or RGB strips

So I would need to replace the stock fans in the cooler to get RGB. Sorry if this question sounds ridiculous, this is my first time building a PC.

1 minute ago, VortexHero said:

So I would need to replace the stock fans in the cooler to get RGB. Sorry if this question sounds ridiculous, this is my first time building a PC.

Doesn't sound ridiculous at this point of time where everything is rgb :D 

But yes you will have to replace the stock fan with a RGB one, One of the key selling points for the D15 too was the fan performance as well so you may gain extra noise depending on what RGB fan you buy.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

But yes you will have to replace the stock fan with a RGB one, One of the key selling points for the D15 too was the fan performance as well so you may gain extra noise depending on what RGB fan you buy.

Thanks! This helps a ton!

Just now, VortexHero said:

yep, its not anything advanced to do tbh, they dont ship with the fan attatched, well atleast not the noctua one, so its extremely simpel. just buy two RGB fans like the Corsair ML ones or something, depends on your budget and preferance ofc, and put them on instead of the normal ones.

Just now, Aytex said:

yes the fan is part of the reaon you buy a noctua cooler but the heatsink design is also really good. im running fractal fans on my NH-D14 because i bought it used and i could get these with it for basically free compared the the proper noctua ones that cost quite a bit, but thats also why i suggested the H7, good heatsink but booring fan :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

One of the key selling points for the D15 too was the fan performance as well so you may gain extra noise depending on what RGB fan you buy.

If the key selling point of the D15 is the fan, can you recommend any i7 cooler without the key selling point being the fan because I want to replace it. Also what RGB fan do you recommend?

1 minute ago, VortexHero said:

If the key selling point of the D15 is the fan, can you recommend any i7 cooler without the key selling point being the fan because I want to replace it. Also what RGB fan do you recommend?

I said, "one" of the key points as the heatsink is very good as well.

D15 with the ML120 Pro should be good (not sure if its RGB or not but) the ml120 pro is a very good performance fan I'd say better than the NF-12

Here is a review if you're interested 

Just now, Aytex said:

I said, one of the key points as the heatsink is very good as well.

Okay, can you recommend a RGB fan, please? :)

6 minutes ago, Aytex said:

D15 with the ML120 Pro should be good (not sure if its RGB or not but) the ml120 pro is a very good performance fan I'd say better than the NF-12

The ML120 Pro sadly isn't RGB from the looks of it. From what I've found, I've only seen single-color LED options.

2 minutes ago, VortexHero said:

The ML120 Pro sadly isn't RGB from the looks of it. From what I've found, I've only seen single-color LED options.

Go for the HD120's then They are a little bit more noiser than ML120's and the stock d15's fans but since rgb is a must for you. Cooling wise they are pretty similar so you should be fine.

Just now, Aytex said:

Go for the HD120's then They are a little bit more noiser than ML120's and the stock d15's fans but since rgb is a must for you. Cooling wise they are pretty similar so you should be fine.

Thanks. Probably going to get the D15 for now, and may or may not add RGB fans in the future. :)

18 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Looked on Amazon and their #1 CPU Cooler is the Cooler Master Hyper 212. Will this do me any good?

20 minutes ago, VortexHero said:

Looked on Amazon and their #1 CPU Cooler is the Cooler Master Hyper 212. Will this do me any good?

I mean you get waht you pay for, its cheap and gets the job done. D15 compares with expensive water coolers so.. depends on your needs, 212 can handle a slight OC, the D15 can handle a powerful OC.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

I mean you get waht you pay for, its cheap and gets the job done. D15 compares with expensive water coolers so.. depends on your needs, 212 can handle a slight OC, the D15 can handle a powerful OC.

Okay, thanks!