Graphic card & cpu

its.the.doc
Go to solution Solved by Spenser1337,
1 minute ago, its.the.doc said:

Can you recommend a graphic card?Besides the games that i mentioned (overwatch,lol,pubg) i would prefer a graphic card that will not limit me to them.Maybe in a year i will want to try something harder to run.It would be a wastebif i am going to need an upgrade again wouldnt it?

Rx 580 8gb

So i am in the last month of high school and i want to upgrade my pc so i can enjoy gaming this summer.I dont have enough knowledge to choose a cpu (i3 i5 i7 confuse me a lot) or a graphic card.I have heard that my cpu must be compatible with my motherboard or smth like that.(Name on motherboard's box: H81-M PCID).I would like to be able to play games like playeruknown's battleground overwatch league of legends etc.I am just asking for some advice or explanation so i can be able to deal with this.(sorry for bad english and anyway thank you to anybody who will answer.) +last summer i upgraded my ram to 12 gb and no i dont need mouse keyboard or any hardware

it supports intel Haswell And Haswell Refresh I7/I5/I3/Pentium/Celeron CPU's

i'd recommend a used 4790k

whats your budget?

i guess you're playing at 1080p so maybe a 1060/1070

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

The best thing you can do is tell us your budget and country so we can set up a few lists of options that you can build, also explain if you need monitor, mice, keyboard or only the computer.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

What PC is that? What its full specifications? 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, McHox said:

it supportsIntel Haswell And Haswell Refresh I7/I5/I3/Pentium/Celeron CPU's

whats your budget?

Maybe 500 or 600 € about both cpu and graphic card withaout anything extra.Btw can i read somewhere the diferences between the products you recommended?I mean how can i know which is the one that fits my needs.

6 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

The best thing you can do is tell us your budget and country so we can set up a few lists of options that you can build, also explain if you need monitor, mice, keyboard or only the computer.

Just edited the topic

a used i7 4th gen (4770, 4770K, 4790, 4790k~) would be very decent and cost effective (since your Board is fit for those, and you already have 12gb DDR3 Ram).

Then an RX 580 8gb as Custom design, or GTX 1060 and you're fine for a while.

2 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

a used i7 4th gen (4770, 4770K, 4790, 4790k~) would be very decent and cost effective (since your Board is fit for those, and you already have 12gb DDR3 Ram).

For a while?? I want this pc for 5 years at least while i will be at the university.

Those 5 years should be in ;)

GPU maybe less since.. GPU ages fast... especially, if you buy a midrange GPU.

But an i7 4th Gen should do a good job in 5 years. Not the best then of course, but a very decent job.

Just... really aim for an i7, not for an i5. Trust me. ^^ Hyperthreading DOES make a difference, especially later on, when the CPU hits the limit faster. (just like today, i5 2500k vs. i7 2600k)

4 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Those 5 years should be in ;)

GPU maybe less since.. GPU ages fast... especially, if you buy a midrange GPU.

But an i7 4th Gen should do a good job in 5 years. Not the best then of course, but a very decent job.

Just... really aim for an i7, not for an i5. Trust me. ^^ Hyperthreading DOES make a difference, especially later on, when the CPU hits the limit faster. (just like today, i5 2500k vs. i7 2600k)

For the games he plays I think he will be fine for a loonng while.

Pascal laptops guide

18 minutes ago, its.the.doc said:

Just edited the topic

By the way, what is your full current specifications including the power supply.

Pascal laptops guide

29 minutes ago, McHox said:

it supports intel Haswell And Haswell Refresh I7/I5/I3/Pentium/Celeron CPU's

whats your budget?

For such requirements of 1080p something along the lines of a 1050ti or RX 460 shall provide well, with a 4790k being out of budget for many. Aside from that I agree, your motherboard must have a compatible chipset/socket for your CPU, to which is listed below motherboards nearly always. 

Support list for a H81-M-PCI:

Intel Haswell And Haswell Refresh I7/I5/I3/Pentium/Celeron CPU In 1150 Pin.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

24 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

For such requirements of 1080p something along the lines of a 1050ti or RX 460 shall provide well, with a 4790k being out of budget for many. Aside from that I agree, your motherboard must have a compatible chipset/socket for your CPU, to which is listed below motherboards nearly always. 

Support list for a H81-M-PCI:

Intel Haswell And Haswell Refresh I7/I5/I3/Pentium/Celeron CPU In 1150 Pin.

Can you recommend a graphic card?Besides the games that i mentioned (overwatch,lol,pubg) i would prefer a graphic card that will not limit me to them.Maybe in a year i will want to try something harder to run.It would be a wastebif i am going to need an upgrade again wouldnt it?

Rx 580 8gb

51 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Just noticed the word used.Can you explain me why i should purchase a used one?

Just now, its.the.doc said:

Get a i7 4770K cpu and an rx 580 8GB or 1060 6gb GPU (Whichever is less expensive) and you will be fine. Make sure to get the K if you want to be able to keep the PC running games for awhile, if not you will end up replacing the CPU and motherboard in a couple of years.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

Because they are far cheaper used.

2 minutes ago, its.the.doc said:

No point in buying an old CPU new

in real value a 4770k would cost around 180$ new because it's As good as the 1500x. If you buy one for 300$ you are a fool

Just now, Spenser1337 said:

No point in buying an old CPU new

in real value a 4770k would cost around 180$ new because it's As good as the 1500x. If you buy one for 300$ you are a fool

Yes but if its already used,wont it "get destroyed" earlier compared to a new one?

Yes but if its already used,wont it "get destroyed" earlier compared to a new one?

No

it sells for 400$ new, you could get a better CPU on a newer platform for cheaper. 

The 4770k is about the same as a 1500x, are you willing to pay 400$ for something worth 180$? 

1 minute ago, Spenser1337 said:

No

Fine so an already used i7 4770k cpu and a Rx 580 8gb graphic card.Thats what i can understand in conclusion.Thank you all guys for replying.I really needed this advice. Hope you have a nice day.

Fine so an already used i7 4770k cpu and a Rx 580 8gb graphic card.Thats what i can understand in conclusion.Thank you all guys for replying.I really needed this advice. Hope you have a nice day.

No problm. Hope for the best with your new pc! 

Make sure you grab a new CPU cooler. I recommend the 212 Evo

1 hour ago, its.the.doc said:

Would make sense but no. If the CPU wasn't overclocked HARD with too much voltage, this thing will run forever.

CPUs are very durable, especially if there was no hard overclocking.

2 hours ago, Spenser1337 said:

No problm. Hope for the best with your new pc! 

Make sure you grab a new CPU cooler. I recommend the 212 Evo

Do people recommend the 212 Evo because they are so inexpensive? They aren't very good, and there are far better $25-$35 alternatives. The Cryorig H7 comes to mind (Their less expensive version is actually a tad better, but I didn't like the color, it was only a 2c difference under load, and both were quiet as heck).