Screen goes black and comes back on time to time

Createinator

Hello everyone, I am in need of help yet again.

I have a fairly modest PC and I have had this problem since the temperature got above 40 °C. I live in India and at the peak of the day from 11 AM all the way down to 5 PM my monitor goes black time to time only to come back on immediately. There is a light audible tuck sound when this happens. I have tried changing the wiring, had my monitor checked, checked my PSU, ran my PC with and without the GPU but the problem persists. My area faces a lot of voltage fluctuations, although I have surge protector and a UPS, I am still not sure what is causing this problem. This problem occurs most often when everyone's Air Conditioners and both my PCs are running during afternoon.

It usually happens like 10-12 every hour but sometimes it can happen 2-3 times within a minute. For now as a precaution I am not using my PC during the afternoon as I work during the night but it is cutting into my study time a lot and I would like to be able to work in the afternoon again.

Please guide me to solve this problem. I do not want anything to happen to my PC or the Monitor.

Thank you.

PS. I forgot to mention that, whenever both the PC are running, their screen goes black at the same time, same number of times.

Edited by Createinator
added more information

Do you have access to a 2nd monitor?

If so you should try using that and see if the problem still happens

Just now, Slam said:

Do you have access to a 2nd monitor?

I forgot to mention that, whenever both the PC are running, their screen goes black at the same time, same number of times.

1 minute ago, Createinator said:

I forgot to mention that, whenever both the PC are running, their screen goes black at the same time, same number of times.

Does this only happen when in windows?

Just now, Slam said:

Does this only happen when in windows?

It can happen any time, doesn't matter what application I am running.

Try running Linux off a USB and if it still happens then it's a hardware problem. However if it doesn't happen in Linux then it's likely the problem is windows

1 minute ago, Slam said:

Try running Linux off a USB and if it still happens then it's a hardware problem. However if it doesn't happen in Linux then it's likely the problem is windows

Okay I will try that but why would it only happen when I am using my PC to study and occasional videos during the day and not at all when I am using it to render and compile. I have run various stress tests for many hours on my RAM, CPU, GPU and even the HDD and all of them turn out okay and I never face this problem when the temperature is lower and not everyone is running their AC.

52 minutes ago, Createinator said:

Hello everyone, I am in need of help yet again.

I have a fairly modest PC and I have had this problem since the temperature got above 40 °C. I live in India and at the peak of the day from 11 AM all the way down to 5 PM my monitor goes black time to time only to come back on immediately. There is a light audible tuck sound when this happens. I have tried changing the wiring, had my monitor checked, checked my PSU, ran my PC with and without the GPU but the problem persists. My area faces a lot of voltage fluctuations, although I have surge protector and a UPS, I am still not sure what is causing this problem. This problem occurs most often when everyone's Air Conditioners and both my PCs are running during afternoon.

It usually happens like 10-12 every hour but sometimes it can happen 2-3 times within a minute. For now as a precaution I am not using my PC during the afternoon as I work during the night but it is cutting into my study time a lot and I would like to be able to work in the afternoon again.

Please guide me to solve this problem. I do not want anything to happen to my PC or the Monitor.

Thank you.

PS. I forgot to mention that, whenever both the PC are running, their screen goes black at the same time, same number of times.

sounds like bad wiring in the house xD probably happens when someone's heading to the toilet and they turn on/off a switch. electrical interference maybe? both monitors are plugged into the same wall socket with a multi plug or socket extension i presume?

Just now, vaiwalker said:

sounds like bad wiring in the house xD probably happens when someone's heading to the toilet and they turn on/off a switch. electrical interference maybe? both monitors are plugged into the same wall socket with a multi plug or socket extension i presume?

Both the PC and Monitor are connected to their own UPS through a multiplug connected to the wall socket.

its the wall hertz for the outlet voltage is falling below mininmum for your equipment.

3 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

its the wall hertz for the outlet voltage is falling below mininmum for your equipment.

Is there anyway I can solve this problem without having to make any changes to the home wiring?

get dc deepcycle battery(3 or more if can), a 12volt to your acvolt invertor, a decent car battery charger with auto maintain charge feature

hook pc and monitor to invertor

the invertor to battery

battery to charger

charger to local (unstable) grid source

Just now, bcguru9384 said:

get dc deepcycle battery(3 or more if can), a 12volt to your acvolt invertor, a decent car battery charger with auto maintain charge feature

hook pc and monitor to invertor

the invertor to battery

battery to charger

charger to local (unstable) grid source

so basically an Online UPS