Thanks for wasting my money ASROCK.

1 hour ago, TrigrH said:

statement two is referring to the second part of my question, the microcode is blocking overclocking, its not a stability issue.

YOU don't understand how it works.

you know he says  "...Please understand that we cannot guarantee the OC ability for each CPU" as in some CPU's can't OC like the one you got. he states that it could OC xeons but no guarantee.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

29 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

you know he says  "...Please understand that we cannot guarantee the OC ability for each CPU" as in some CPU's can't OC like the one you got. he states that it could OC xeons but no guarantee.

I believe you are interpreting that wrong:

I ASKED:

1. So with a Xeon E3-1240 V6 CPU and BIOS P7.20, BLCK overclocking is enabled correct?

2. any idea what kind of clock speeds are achievable on a xeon processor like this? (there is no information online sadly)

THEY REPLIED:

1. Exactly, this model is featuring the HYPER BCLK Engine, this IC allow user to overclock their Xeon CPU by adjust BCLK.

2. As the margin of each CPU is different, please understand that we cannot guarantee the OC ability for each CPU.

2 hours ago, TrigrH said:

sigh clearly i need to explain it a little more clearly to you:

I ASKED:

1. So with a Xeon E3-1240 V6 CPU and BIOS P7.20, BLCK overclocking is enabled correct?

2. any idea what kind of clock speeds are achievable on a xeon processor like this? (there is no information online sadly)

THEY REPLIED:

1. Exactly, this model is featuring the HYPER BCLK Engine, this IC allow user to overclock their Xeon CPU by adjust BCLK.

2. As the margin of each CPU is different, please understand that we cannot guarantee the OC ability for each CPU.

They made a mistake.

Edit just to clarify further when they are saying OC ability they do not mean YES or NO since all CPUs can be adjusted via BCLK they are talking about how FAR.

Explaining how you interpret grammatically incorrect corporate jargon will not sway anyone here. It's pretty clear they listed two truths, one of which said not all CPUs will work. Sell the CPU or the Board and move on by buying the correct part to complete a system. As far as I know, LGA1366 CPUs are the only ones you can BCLK with. Everyone else assumes you cant OC ANY Xeon.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

6 minutes ago, asand1 said:

Explaining how you interpret grammatically incorrect corporate jargon will not sway anyone here. It's pretty clear they listed two truths, one of which said not all CPUs will work. Sell the CPU or the Board and move on by buying the correct part to complete a system. As far as I know, LGA1366 CPUs are the only ones you can BCLK with. Everyone else assumes you cant OC ANY Xeon.

They never said "not all CPUs will work" they said:

As the margin of each CPU is different, please understand that we cannot guarantee the OC ability for each CPU

This is specifically answering my question of:

any idea what kind of clock speeds are achievable on a xeon processor like this?

His answer would of been no different if I was talking about a 7700K instead, its 100% "we cannot guarantee how far you will be able to overclock as each CPU is different."

I am able to set the BCLK, if it wasn't for the microcode update the intel has specifically gone out of their way to prevent this. Even Asrock explained this themselves, (after I said it didn't work, they did further testing).

Xeon    E3-1280 v5    
Xeon    E3-1275 v5
Xeon    E3-1270 v5
Xeon    E3-1260L v5
Xeon    E3-1245 v5
Xeon    E3-1240 v5
Xeon    E3-1240L v5
Xeon    E3-1235L v5
Xeon    E3-1225 v5
Xeon    E3-1230 v5
Xeon    E3-1220 v5

All 1151 skylake BCLK OC capable Xeons.

Just now, TrigrH said:

They never said "not all CPUs will work" they said:

As the margin of each CPU is different, please understand that we cannot guarantee the OC ability for each CPU

And everyone here has shared their interpretation of that statement, you are in the minority. Now stop telling people how to think. We read and concluded what we want to. 

a·bil·i·ty
əˈbilədē/
noun

1. 1.
    possession of the means or skill to do something.
    "the manager had lost his ability to motivate the players"
    synonyms: capacity, capability, potential, potentiality, power, faculty, aptness, facility

They clearly told you not all CPUs (types, not individuals as the rest of us understand it) will OC.

Please don't bother repeating your opinion, because I don't believe it's valid.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

Depending on the vendor, you should be able to return the CPU and pick up the correct K variant i7 or i5. Complaining at this point will not be beneficial.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;