Is flashing two different ram sticks safe?

Go to solution Solved by KenjiUmino,
15 minutes ago, zedsdeath said:

Both of the sticks have exactly the same specs they even look the same.

when your computer has problems with both sticks in, it seems like they either don't have the same specs or something else is fishy.

AFAIK, the board and memory controller do not care about wich brand or wich model the stick says it is.

it does not matter if one is a corsair and the other one a kingston, adata, g.skill or what have you

all they care about is the specs reported. so if they have "exactly the same specs" they should report the same frequency and timings to the memory controller and the mainboard bios should be able to set them accordingly. 

flashing them would not improve anything in that case.

Hi everyone, Ive got this old computer that had 4gbs of ram in one single stick with a 1333mhz frequency and they told me it was kingston ram so I went to the store and bought another 4gb stick of the same specs but turns out that the ram that the pc had isnt kingston its actually some random brand that I never heard of called Dynet so when I try to use both sticks the computer gets locked in an infinite reboot cicle(doesnt let me get to the bios). I was locking for a way to use both and found this video  

but at the end of the video it says "dont blame me if you burn your pc" and "flashing is always dangerous", I dont know anything on the subject of flashing so I was hoping someone could help me. Both of the sticks have exactly the same specs they even look the same.

I think this only works on memory from the same vendor, to play it safe. I don't think it would work on one vendor with another one. I mean, it might, considering how standardized RAM should be, but I wouldn't do it on different vendors.

If you can return the RAM, do so.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I think this only works on memory from the same vendor, to play it safe. I don't think it would work on one vendor with another one. I mean, it might, considering how standardized RAM should be, but I wouldn't do it on different vendors.

If you can return the RAM, do so.

If I return it I will be stuck with 4gbs because even in amazon I cant find another ram stick from that brand (Dynet or Avant)..:S

I guess I will have to buy another kingston stick If I cant do this safely

15 minutes ago, zedsdeath said:

Both of the sticks have exactly the same specs they even look the same.

when your computer has problems with both sticks in, it seems like they either don't have the same specs or something else is fishy.

AFAIK, the board and memory controller do not care about wich brand or wich model the stick says it is.

it does not matter if one is a corsair and the other one a kingston, adata, g.skill or what have you

all they care about is the specs reported. so if they have "exactly the same specs" they should report the same frequency and timings to the memory controller and the mainboard bios should be able to set them accordingly. 

flashing them would not improve anything in that case.