what is better for air flow? 3x120mm or 2x240mm? 'top and fornt'tnks

MasterRaceMcqueen

I mean 3x120mm=360mm whereas 2x140mm=280mm so... If you're only going off of that the 120s would be the way to go I guess, provided of course you have a way of plugging in all of them. 

edit: but imo that amount of fans is too much, unless you want to go 'Skunkworks' and fill your case with big rads and stuff. Personally I'd take the 140s.

I'm going to assume that you could probably move a little more air with the 3x120's, but it would be at the cost of a lot of extra noise.

MSI Z170A Gaming M7 ͓  i7 6700k ͓  16GB DDR4-3200 ͓  EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra Gaming

with the 3 120's you can off set your air flow to reduce dust (2 in 1 out)

Intel 7600K Over Clocked to 4.8 jibahurtz, GTX 1080 Founders Edition space heater, Cooler Master 212 Evo jet engine, 8GB DDR4 Ballistic Ram, 250GB hyperX ssd, Fractel Design Define S, Blue snowball on an arm mount, mismatched god monitors, dual keyboards, LG mouse (no vital signs, Think it died.)

Depends on the fans in question and where they're being used. Generally, 120mm's can perform better at the cost of higher noise.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.