Chromecast TV Chromecast Audio(year in review)

(To clarify, I have not owned the Chromecast Audio for a year but having owned the Chromecast TV for just over a year, I have a handle on the Audio.)

(This will be a short review since I will focus less on physical qualities (Aesthetics/Internals) and more on it's usability.)

Chromecast TV:

Having had this device for a year I've taken note of all its quirks and qualities that make it up. Aesthetically speaking, it's attractive but has glossy plastic covering the top section of the device. Before you start typing about how stupid it is to discuss aesthetics on this device, yes I acknowledge it sits behind a tv and won't be seen. There might be one guy out there that wants to extend HDMI cable so they can put it on display for all to see. Now the Chromecast TV is extremely user-friendly in some ways and in others, not so much.  You plug it in, set it up, and you're done. You simply tap the cast button on your device for whatever you're doing and it's done.  Sometimes, there are some issues where it won't connect and you have to start over. For example, sometimes when I try to connect Spotify to it from my phone, it will show it's connected but not function.  This happens rarely but often enough for me to note it as a significant draw back.

http://prntscr.com/f5t9c2

Chromecast Audio:

If you read the TV review this is more-or-less the same. It looks like a vinyl record on the top, sturdy plastic build and easily tucked away. With the Chromecast Audio I've had ZERO connection issues and it's user-friendliness is also stellar. The streaming quality is lovely, I have no way to measure its quality but it sounds better than music being streamed directly off my phone. I'm unsure if this is a placebo effect or if the Cast cleans it up. It has a combo 3.5mm/Optical audio port and I am extremely disappointed it doesn't simply ship with an optical cable.

http://prntscr.com/f5t9qo

TL;DR: Great devices, highly recommended.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor