Suggestion for a video.... It's actually good.

I highly Doubt this will even be seen by an LTT staff member but I have to try!

Benchmark how much airflow effects CPU temps by starting with none and ramping up in steps to.... A FREAKIN LEAF BLOWER AT FULL SPEED!

Yes use something like a hyper 212 evo and replace it's fan with various things such as a desk fan (the kind that keeps you cool in the summer) and eventually a leaf blower!

I can just picture Linus doing this video with his over the top reactions :)

Comment if you agree!

derp

they've done something similar to this, it was about how cable management affects temps (it doesn't)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

tag them if you want them to see @LinusTech

Okay and why is it that you have replied to all 3 or 4 of the topics I posted?

derp

Just now, Linksys120n said:

Okay and why is it that you have replied to all 3 or 4 of the topics I posted?

..........because i could help with the topic you posted, most people would be happy that someone is willing to help rather than question them. 

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

they've done something similar to this, it was about how cable management affects temps (it doesn't)

Those tests were with the stock fans though and its pretty easy to find out how stock or purpose built computer fans will work...

derp

Those tests were with the stock fans though and its pretty easy to find out how stock or purpose built computer fans will work...

image.thumb.jpeg.cd0af341d7a4e940f542aab39e849e9c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2071f7d9316306f226fed3f4a112afee.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8e665d17ef109848245226815b242fe1.jpeg

my PC sexy too, right?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

..........because i could help with the topic you posted, most people would be happy that someone is willing to help rather than question them. 

I guess its that and the fact that you have 8600+ total posts...

derp

I guess its that and the fact that you have 8600+ total posts...

i am an engineer who is really good at his job, lots of free time. 

This thread here is still monitored for ideas

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

This has few issues. Main one being that with one cooler temp difference could be noticeable from 0 to 100. But some, like my U14S with A15 doesn't have any difference with 1500rpm (100%) or 1300rpm (80%). Another is that what would this prove or why do you want to see video about it? Fan curves should always be made because of personal preference. Like noise vs performance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

32 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

This has few issues. Main one being that with one cooler temp difference could be noticeable from 0 to 100. But some, like my U14S with A15 doesn't have any difference with 1500rpm (100%) or 1300rpm (80%). Another is that what would this prove or why do you want to see video about it? Fan curves should always be made because of personal preference. Like noise vs performance.

You can't tell me it wouldn't at very least be a fun video to watch... I just wanna see Linus try this because there are no videos of it anywhere.

derp

6 minutes ago, Linksys120n said:

You can't tell me it wouldn't at very least be a fun video to watch... I just wanna see Linus try this because there are no videos of it anywhere.

Well, at least it wouldn't have same answer with all other Workshop videos by Luke (that it really doesn't make any difference).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Well, at least it wouldn't have same answer with all other Workshop videos by Luke (that it really doesn't make any difference).

Hey you have 15k posts... do you know why the topic has a star next to it and not a dot? does that mean this is an "important" topic?

derp

12 minutes ago, Linksys120n said:

Hey you have 15k posts... do you know why the topic has a star next to it and not a dot? does that mean this is an "important" topic?

Star means you have posted in topic. Dots are all the other ones.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv