Low Unigine Valley score with OC GTX 1070

boyka19

I have an MSI Gaming X GTX 1070, which I could overclock just up to +110 on the clock and +460 on the memory, so it runs at 2050(clock) and 4464 (memory). Temps don't go past 65ºc for the GPU and 55ºc for the CPU.

The OC is quite stable, but I don't know why I'm getting such low score on Valley, when everyone's OCed 1070 gets about 4200 or more.

valley.png.e7694f9ad5ffff9a0bd1f4ce153e53a7.png

Heaven 4.0 seems to be fine (mostly) though:

heaven.png.b70d20bf3277c7f9437be4ad486545c3.png

The rest of my PC: i5 4590 (3.3-3.7GHZ) - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM - SeaSonic S12ii 520w PSU.

What could be the cause?

you're aware valley only uses a single thread, right?

and afaik people usually just run a preset instead of customizing benchmark settings.

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

you're aware valley only uses a single thread, right?

and afaik people usually just run a preset instead of customizing benchmark settings.

I don't get your point. What does it matter if it uses a single thread? it's the same for everyone, so the scores are comparable, and what do you mean by customizing? I'm running the extreme preset on both benchmarks, it just says custom on Heaven because I changed the res from 1600x900 from the Extreme preset to 1920x1080, because that's what everyone uses.

3 minutes ago, boyka19 said:

I don't get your point. What does it matter if it uses a single thread? it's the same for everyone, so the scores are comparable, and what do you mean by customizing? I'm running the extreme preset on both benchmarks, it just says custom on Heaven because I changed the res from 1600x900 from the Extreme preset to 1920x1080, because that's what everyone uses.

at this point, valley's scores are all cpu speed based (higher cpu oc = higher valley scores)

in essence, your i5 4590 is "bottlenecking" the benchmark result.

What he means is your score is most likely being held back by a little by your cpu and the gpu aint working as hard as it could otherwise.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

3 hours ago, boyka19 said:

I have an MSI Gaming X GTX 1070, which I could overclock just up to +110 on the clock and +460 on the memory, so it runs at 2050(clock) and 4464 (memory). Temps don't go past 65ºc for the GPU and 55ºc for the CPU.

The OC is quite stable, but I don't know why I'm getting such low score on Valley, when everyone's OCed 1070 gets about 4200 or more.

Heaven 4.0 seems to be fine (mostly) though:

The rest of my PC: i5 4590 (3.3-3.7GHZ) - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM - SeaSonic S12ii 520w PSU.

What could be the cause?

Use the new Unigine Superposition benchmark instead.  Valley is dead.  It hasn't been a legitimate GPU benchmark for a long time as it's pretty much become a CPU benchmark.  xD

Superposition will bring your GPU to its knees.