Suggestion for Over-Ear Headphones?

Hi all! 

So essentially, although I have the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x at home, I'm interested in buying a pair of headphones for $50 (or less) that I can use outdoors or for travel, preferably if they were over-ear. I'm open to all suggestions, as long as the headphones actually look good when you're wearing them, and that they, obviously, sound good (I'd rather not have over-powering bass, but I don't mind bass all that much). I need them to look good when I'm wearing them since I'll be taking this pair outdoors, and I don't want them to be some massive, bulky, weird looking cans. So far, all I've found are the m20x, which aren't bad, but I'm not sure about their aesthetics. I could use some more suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Just now, Pomfinator said:

Why? The M50x is a perfectly fine portable too.  It folds up nicely, it's pretty durable, and it looks okay in my book.

Knowing me, I'll completely ruin them after taking them out for a week. I'd rather not do that.

8 minutes ago, Arvizal said:

Knowing me, I'll completely ruin them after taking them out for a week. I'd rather not do that.

Anything you buy for $50 is more likely to break.

EDIT: At this price point you're better off getting any random set of cheap in-ears if you're that concerned about treating them rough. The M-series below the 40x are not portable at all (long ass non-detachable cable with no folding mechanism) and most over-ears under $50 also suck.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Over ear headphones under $50 are hard to find. Here are some suggestions:

- Lyxpro HAS 30 (it's like an M50x for 1/3 of the price)

- Skullcandy Aviator (Skullcandy's first decent headphone, it's now discontinued and being liquidated on amazon)

- Sennheiser HD202 (looks cheap, feels cheap, sounds...not horrible. Comfort is decent as well.)

However, if you don't mind on-ear headphones you can get something pretty darn good for very cheap like the Skullcandy Navigator or JBL S300. 

So the lyxpro has 30 is probably your best bet. But it may also be over-budget. Sometimes they go on sale around $40~$50. 

If you are willing to consider on-ears as well, my brother really likes his AKG K450 - has had them for years, useses them while working out and is generellay not the most careful with tech gadgets, but they are still completely fine and sound good

And maybe also have a look at the Koss PortaPro - haven'd had them myself, but they are generally recommended in that price range, just make sure you get the originals and not some chinese rip-off

7 hours ago, Pizzi said:

If you are willing to consider on-ears as well, my brother really likes his AKG K450 - has had them for years, useses them while working out and is generellay not the most careful with tech gadgets, but they are still completely fine and sound good

And maybe also have a look at the Koss PortaPro - haven'd had them myself, but they are generally recommended in that price range, just make sure you get the originals and not some chinese rip-off

My dad had the AKG K450 for about a year. The headband folding mechanism broke. It's not much of a surprise because it's overly complicated and fragile. I recall that the K450 sounded pretty good but the bass was muddy. They were often dull and muffled on some tracks. 

The Koss Porta Pro is probably the most overrated headphone ever. In the past ~5 years they're have been many better headphones for the $. However, they have a nice overall warm sound with sparkly treble. They sound best with classic rock. But, not unlike the K450 they sound muffled, muddy. And the treble can be shrill sometimes. 

I much prefer the JBL S300

They're built tougher, are comfier and sound much, much better. And they're under $40!