Is the MSI gtx 1070 Gaming X heavy?

Does it sag? i was planning on getting the zotac amp extreme so i thought it'll be better if i get a gpu holder, but then i've changed for the Gaming X and since it's thinner than the Amp extreme i don't know if i'll need the gpu holder.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A

The Gaming X cards are really well braced internally, and are really rigid. They probably have the least sag of the top partner cards, and you should be just fine without a bracket, especially if you happen to have a reinforced PCIe slot.

The AMP! Extreme is probably unnecessary for a 1070, that much cooling and VRM are probably unnecessary for that card, so go with whichever one is most appealing to you.

I can't personally speak as to the sag of the AMP! Extreme because I've never owned one, but the Gaming X cards are really rigid and do as well as any other card at combatting it.

the backplate makes it not sag almost at all.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

3 minutes ago, wzrd said:

The Gaming X cards are really well braced internally, and are really rigid. They probably have the least sag of the top partner cards, and you should be just fine without a bracket, especially if you happen to have a reinforced PCIe slot.

The AMP! Extreme is probably unnecessary for a 1070, that much cooling and VRM are probably unnecessary for that card, so go with whichever one is most appealing to you.

I can't personally speak as to the sag of the AMP! Extreme because I've never owned one, but the Gaming X cards are really rigid and do as well as any other card at combatting it.

Great, i wanted the Amp Extreme only for the cooling, since most of the time on my area the room themperature is at 25-37ºC on summer to autumn. I live in South America.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A

1 minute ago, khazad said:

Great, i wanted the Amp Extreme only for the cooling, since most of the time on my area the room themperature is at 25-37ºC on summer to autumn. I live in South America.

If it's only cooling you're worried about, the Gaming X cooler is pretty good too, and will still hold up fine in those conditions.

It'll be fine, it wouldn't sag as much it's not something like a Lightning.

If temps are really a concern, buy a reference 1070 and add a Kraken G10/AIO or Accelero Xtreme 4

3 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

If temps are really a concern, buy a reference 1070 and add a Kraken G10/AIO or Accelero Xtreme 4

@khazad See how you get on with the stock cooler first though. 1070s aren't generally problematic cards when it comes to temps so it should be fine.

Just now, wzrd said:

@khazad See how you get on with the stock cooler first though. 1070s aren't generally problematic cards when it comes to temps so it should be fine.

Be aware about cooler compatibility you're planning to use a non reference card anyway. 

From my experiences with my MSI Gaming 1070 8G (the non-X version is just clocked ~20 MHz lower - has the same Twin Frozr VI cooler), it feels very well built, and while it does have a little weight to it, as most people have said above, I doubt you'll have issues with anything like sagging. It has a very nice, rigid backplate.

31 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

It should be fine now since now that it's winter here, the temps should be great for my pc.

I've already researched about the Gamiing X cooling, and it seems to be pretty neat, also i'm installing 2 more fans to the case so hopefully the temps shouldn't be too high.

Just now, khazad said:

It should be fine now since now that it's winter here, the temps should be great for my pc.

I've already researched about the Gamiing X cooling, and it seems to be pretty neat, also i'm installing 2 more fans to the case so hopefully the temps shouldn't be too high.

Yeah Gaming X is fine for the most part, 1070s wouldn't run that hot anyway. 

The 1080 Ti Gaming X in the build I'm about to ship is maxing out at 66C at max load, OCed and at 25C ambient, as we speak. So I imagine the 1070 version will run cooler if anything, so stock cooler should be loads.

I highly doubt heat will be a problem. When playing Yooka-Laylee at 4K via DSR on my 1080p screen and having the graphics card overclocked to 2139 MHz, and I'm also running the fan speed at 65%, the 1070 Gaming 8G I'm using keeps at or under 69˚C. No throttling whatsoever.

This, by the way, is overclocked as high as it'll go with the voltage slider all the way to the right in MSI AB, and I'm running the game at 4K, thus it's maxing out the GPU. It's got plenty of thermal headroom.

You shouldn't need a stand for either, my amp extreme doesn't sag really (Really cool too, doesn't really go above 65c)

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

1 hour ago, khazad said:

Does it sag? i was planning on getting the zotac amp extreme so i thought it'll be better if i get a gpu holder, but then i've changed for the Gaming X and since it's thinner than the Amp extreme i don't know if i'll need the gpu holder.

i had one in house about 2 months ago and no it does not sag at all...it's not a very long card, and it was straight as an arrow...cool running (67c max at 40% fanspeed) and very very quiet...and it overclocked to 2050mhz with no effort. it's a good version of the GTX 1070 if you like black and red...very good quality fans...nice lighting i give it a 9/10

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 hours ago, khazad said:

The Gaming X doesn't sag at all. MSI went all out on the bracing / backplate. I have one and it's still 100% straight.

It runs really cool too. Only downer is that to control the LED lights, you have to install that MSI app for it...or unplug them like I did. It makes no sense to have LEDs lighting up the inside of my server...

Mine got to 2.1 GHz without a sweat, but VRAM didn't overclock as high. I also have a EVGA FTW ACX 3.0, and that card runs a tad hotter / doesn't have the same bracing that the MSI does (Also max OC was 2088MHz, but VRAM went higher). They both are fairly large cards though, fyi.

I torture both in rendering and both cards hold up to 2050 MHz while vray rendering.

Be sure to update the card BIOS from the MSI site if you buy it.

14 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Be sure to update the card BIOS from the MSI site if you buy it.

?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

?

https://ca.msi.com/Graphics-card/support/GEFORCE-GTX-1070-GAMING-X-8G.html#down-bios

My VRAM with the BIOS that with the card did not want to overclock much at all (anything beyond 100+ MHz Memory clock would crash). With the updated BIOS, it runs at 350MHz (Still behind the usual 1070, but still a fair boost).