New computer build no signal

Hey I'm transfering this here from GPU forum.

Alright so...
All the fans are working (computer fan, GPU, CPU cooler).
Leds from panel are working, power button and reset are working.
HDD is working (I see the light from the front panel hdd flickering).
But nothing is shown on screen....

GPU : Sapphire HD 6850

MB : MSI A88XM E35 v2

Zalman T4 Case

Intel i5 4670_MSI Z87-G43_2x4Gb DDR Kingston HyperX Beast_Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC_Corsair Carbide 300R Window_120Gb SSD Samsung Evo_1Tb WD Caviar Black_Corsair CX750 w_BenQ XL2720T_CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo_Razer Blackwidow 2013_Razer Deathadder Black_ATH-AD700 Headphones_ATR2500 Cardoid Microphone

standoffs?

EDIT: PSU?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

I have a Corsair VS350
CPU is a AMD Athlon X4 with no integrated graphics. HDMI cable is plugged from monitor to GPU.

Intel i5 4670_MSI Z87-G43_2x4Gb DDR Kingston HyperX Beast_Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC_Corsair Carbide 300R Window_120Gb SSD Samsung Evo_1Tb WD Caviar Black_Corsair CX750 w_BenQ XL2720T_CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo_Razer Blackwidow 2013_Razer Deathadder Black_ATH-AD700 Headphones_ATR2500 Cardoid Microphone

1 minute ago, kioskhill45 said:

is the monitor plugged into power?

Yes I'm using this monitor to talk to you right now :)

What ports on GPU? Maybe one is broken? 

If you have a second GPU to test that'd be your first outlet

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

What ports on GPU? Maybe one is broken? 

If you have a second GPU to test that'd be your first outlet

I bought the Sapphire HD 6850. from a friend of mine that had it in a server, the GPU never really had to work much, he tested it before giving it to me and it worked perfectly. The only GPU I have around is way too big for that case also (R9 290 tri x).

2 minutes ago, ElazulTF2 said:

I bought the Sapphire HD 6850. from a friend of mine that had it in a server, the GPU never really had to work much, he tested it before giving it to me and it worked perfectly. The only GPU I have around is way too big for that case also (R9 290 tri x).

What port are you using to connect to the monitor?

Can you use any other ports? 

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

What port are you using to connect to the monitor?

Can you use any other ports? 

I switched the DVI port that goes from my monitor to my desktop, to one of the dvi port of the GPU on the new build. Nothing on screen. I also tried HDMI from GPU to screen, same thing.

No BIOS either?

Usually if it's a PSU issue the GPU just bitches at you about how it doesn't have enough power, but in that case it should still display... something.

Here's what my steps would be:

1.) Try different PCIe slot

2.) Try different GPU

3.) Continue to screw around with various things until stuff works

20 minutes ago, NowThatsDamp said:

No BIOS either?

Usually if it's a PSU issue the GPU just bitches at you about how it doesn't have enough power, but in that case it should still display... something.

Here's what my steps would be:

1.) Try different PCIe slot

2.) Try different GPU

3.) Continue to screw around with various things until stuff works

No I hear everything powering up in the computer but the screen shows only black.
My MB only has one PCIe slot :(

Like I said my only other GPU cannot fit in this case.
Do you have any ideas about what I should screw around with ? :D

Hmmm... Future reference, always hook everything up on the desk before putting it in the case. That way you know it works before putting in all that work.

So there is no video output on your motherboard? As in no available slot on the I/O? Even though a CPU doesn't have an iGPU doesn't mean the motherboard can't drive a display.

2 minutes ago, NowThatsDamp said:

Hmmm... Future reference, always hook everything up on the desk before putting it in the case. That way you know it works before putting in all that work.

So there is no video output on your motherboard? As in no available slot on the I/O? Even though a CPU doesn't have an iGPU doesn't mean the motherboard can't drive a display.

Yeah true....I had the GPU way after the MB so I wanted to keep things tidy before getting it in...
This is what the MB looks like.

I thought that without an APU there was no way to drive video from a MB other than a GPU ? Anyway it does have ports.

Yeah rip that ratchet ass GPU right out of there and slam a cable either into that VGA port or DVI port on the motherboard. Power up and see what that makes happening. Let me know how it goes.

1 minute ago, NowThatsDamp said:

Yeah rip that ratchet ass GPU right out of there and slam a cable either into that VGA port or DVI port on the motherboard. Power up and see what that makes happening. Let me know how it goes.

Can't I just plug into the MB and let the GPU in ?

No. Much better idea to take the GPU out, otherwise you don't know if the bios is trying to boot through the motherboard or the GPU. I know you have to undo the screws and everything and that's annoying but settle in because we might be here all night.

1 minute ago, NowThatsDamp said:

No. Much better idea to take the GPU out, otherwise you don't know if the bios is trying to boot through the motherboard or the GPU. I know you have to undo the screws and everything and that's annoying but settle in because we might be here all night.

Actually I'll do that tomorrow, it's 6am here already ;)

Alright so I just tried without the GPU, same story.

Does anyone have a list of things I can try out to get it to work ? All my components are new except the GPU but it's in perfect shape too.

UPDATED

It was the GPU Connector that wasnt put in all the way, now the screen shows
"Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press any key "

I went into Bios and it detects my USB boot key with Win7 on it, but somehow it doesn't want to boot from it...

1 hour ago, ElazulTF2 said:

UPDATED

It was the GPU Connector that wasnt put in all the way, now the screen shows
"Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press any key "

I went into Bios and it detects my USB boot key with Win7 on it, but somehow it doesn't want to boot from it...

On another machine, delete that win 7 install on the boot drive and re install it and try again. Or try form a disc if you have access to a recovery disk and a cd/dvd drive

9 minutes ago, STUXNET said:

On another machine, delete that win 7 install on the boot drive and re install it and try again. Or try form a disc if you have access to a recovery disk and a cd/dvd drive

I don't have a CD drive tho.
And the USB drive has the iso of Win7 on it that's all, I'll try to delete and reput it there.

Doesn't seem to be working again.
I tried the Win7 USB download tool to create a bootable USB device, but it fails at 99% for unknown reason...