creativename

My current specs are

Intel core i7 2600k h100i with noctua NF-F12s

EVGA GTX760 2GB

8GB (2x4GB)

512GB Samsung 840 Pro

Corsair AX750 80+Gold

its on the p8z77i-Deluexe motherboard.

I feel like it's a really imbalanced system... cause I bought all the parts months apart from each other.

When I asked my friend he said my PSU was overkill and I should get a stronger GPU.

I have about 730 dollars saved up. Should I keep my config the way it is? Or any changes?

I only game and browse the internet @1080p

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

My current specs are

EVGA GTX760 2GB

8GB (2x4GB)

512GB Samsung 840 Pro

Corsair AX750 80+Gold

I feel like it's a really imbalanced system... cause I bought all the parts months apart from each other.

When I asked my friend he said my PSU was overkill and I should get a stronger GPU.

I have about 730 dollars saved up. Should I keep my config the way it is? Or any changes?

seems balanced. what do you game. if it lags then sure upgrade if not why waste money ?

When you built this you should have got a 7950, I would look at a non reference 290, if you need more power that is...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

My current specs are

EVGA GTX760 2GB

8GB (2x4GB)

512GB Samsung 840 Pro

Corsair AX750 80+Gold

if you want it to be kick ass, grab 4 2tb hdds run them in raid 10.. end up with 4tb of very secure storage

other then that, probably a gpu upgrade if your a hard core gamer.. nothing really to improve on unless you want diminishing returns for cash

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

When you built this you should have got a 7950, I would look at a non reference 290, if you need more power that is...

always get a non referenece 290.

A reference 290 sounds like a jet plane taking off!

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

he might want to watercool

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

its a good systemm if u want to chanbge anything just upgrade your GPU. thats going to be the only thing that your system will actually increase your gaming experience.

it's not even that bad...!

Especially once you set custom fan curves.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

he might want to watercool

Good point.

I didn't think of that.

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

Its pretty balanced for a gaming system. For your psu, if you don't plan to SLI, A 650W like a Seasonic X650 would be more enough to power your system and give room for overclocking.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

First thing I would personally do there would be more ram. Personally I couldn't get by with "only" 8 gigs. 8 more gigs of RAM, and potentially a better GPU. But if you don't seem to mind the performance of games, then honestly your are fine. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

My current specs are

EVGA GTX760 2GB

8GB (2x4GB)

512GB Samsung 840 Pro

Corsair AX750 80+Gold

I guess I'm the only one who thinks your cpu is IMBA for that AIOWC you have.

Your psu is perfectly fine, it leaves room for growth.

I'd honestly not buy anything, since all new parts for every slot are coming out next year.

That's just me though. If I had to recommend something, I'd drop sell your cpu and gpu.

Drop 280 on a i7 4770k, overclock it with your WC, then buy two 290s and crossfire.

That'll be around 1080$, so you have your 730, and I'm sure you could sell your 2600k and 760 for a total of 270.

Your storage is fine as long as your not a media person, then again its always good to have a HD for storage of files that you write to, as thats the first thing to go on SSDs.

You might need to up your ram next year, when newer games come out (It's rumored to actually put SOME stress on Ram. Not sure yet?) If you have 8gbs of 1866 or 1600 you should be okay. Just a little tip to look out for it. I'm skeptical myself

#forgive my horrible grammar/spelling. 

Anyhow crossfire 290 gives you better preformance then a single 760 and your i7 4770k should last 4 years while being decent.

The only bottleneck you'll experience with this, is if you try to overclock both your GPUs and your cpu then your PSU wattage would be an issue.

Then down the road, maybe RAM, mostlikely GPU first, as the washout cycle is quick.

Expect new CPU, GPU, RAM, Motherboards next year.

Broadwell, Haswell, GDDR5, and motherboards to support all of this <

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's balanced enough. No need to get new parts just because you feel it's imba. If it works, I don't see a reason to change anything till you have to. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i had the 2600 before i upgrade to 4770k, im on the 780 SC from EVGA, in gaming i didnt notice any difference and i ran some benchmarks like unigine heaven and hitman game built in benchmark and there is no any difference, i kinda regret this upgrade, so as some people said to you just upgrade the video card if you felt you need some extra performance.