Duel fan set ups are they worth it?

Tellos

Ok I tend to find too many risks with liquid cooling atm and had decent success with my hyper 212 evo. Was wondering if nay of the duel fan set up air coolers are worth the extra space considerations one needs to make in terms of cooling performance and cost.

Probably gonna give you MAX 6c temp difference...

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Extra fans just let you run them at lower rpm and have diminishing returns on cooling performance

- EDIT read your post again

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, Jrock said:

Probably gonna give you MAX 6c temp difference...

I can assure you that my H100i V2 is a LOT better than a 212 EVO and it's much more than 6C difference. It just depends which particular cooler do you choose, there are good ones and bad ones.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Its viable when you cpu hits 80c during long gaming sessions. ??

I am not expecting a 30C difference, just if I run things on a overclock I wanna be sure I can keep my temps down some. I usually don't overclock due to heat considerations but if I ever wanted to I;ve been lookign at towers with single or duel 140mm fans. 

3 minutes ago, Tellos said:

I am not expecting a 30C difference, just if I run things on a overclock I wanna be sure I can keep my temps down some. I usually don't overclock due to heat considerations but if I ever wanted to I;ve been lookign at towers with single or duel 140mm fans. 

A dual 120mm RADIATOR setup will cool admirably.  Clarity is a virtue friend

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

WOuld also wonder if there are nay better motherboards to match with a duel fan tower. Cause I know if one isint careful even  many ATX cases can become hard to stick RAM into and GPUs.

1 hour ago, Tellos said:

The number or size of fans don't really mean much. If you want to know how well a cooler performs, look a benchmarks. A cooler with two 140mm fans doesn't necessarily perform better than a cooler with a single 120mm.

If you would like a cooler recommendation, list your specs, tell us where you're shopping/located, your budget, and what you're looking for in a cooler.

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you are asking "will adding a second fan to the hyper212 increase it's cooling", short answer is YES, is it enough to justify the cost of the fan, probably not, no more then a few C different, the biggest benefit would be the ability to drop fan speeds at idle, making the system quieter, there are charts out there showing most of the major air coolers tested on the same test bench to see which cools best, some of the higher end ones come close to the cooling of a AIO cooler, but they also approach the pricepoint of those coolers and will be louder then the AIO's.