PlayStation Vita 2000 (Vita Slim)

Hello All,

The Second Gen PlayStation Vita 2000 just released in Asia.  Does anybody know when it will be released in the USA for purchase?   The Vita is one of the best mobile gaming platforms so please don't flame.  My last mobile gaming unit was the original gameboy (which is probably 20years old), but I think its time to pick up another mobile gaming unit, mostly for car games.

http://www.slashgear.com/ps-vita-2000-revealed-thinner-lighter-more-colorful-09296989/

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/10/10/a-day-with-the-new-playstation-vita-slim-unboxing-hands-on-and-screen-comparison/

Since the shield was both poorly marketed and in a lot of cases "not" marketed, could someone tell me if this is another viable option?  Your stuck only streaming games on shield right?  I like the streaming aspect but won't only be using it at home and I won't be updating my computer for another 10months or so from now (its not even compatible for shield streaming).

Like stated above, I am not a mobile gamer and feedback is needed because I am sure a lot this forum is at the age range where you know people with mobile platforms.  Thanks for the help!

Home Machine:

Ryzen 5900x Processor - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

ASUS PG348Q Monitor -- Samsung 34" TV -  1080ti Card

NAS:

Ryzen 5600x - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

Hot Swap 3u - Redundant Power

The only reason i want a Vita is to play Sword Art online Infinity Moment. But i can't read japanese.... 

thats on the psp isnt it

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Anybody with input on the topic?

Home Machine:

NAS:

I'm not much of a mobile gamer, I spend a lot of my time at home so having a portable device isn't really necessary.
I had a PSP for Kingdom Hearts BBS, which is the only reason I got it, I think that's probably my approach to handhelds now.

If there's a game I want for a particular console, then I suppose I'll have to get the said console.

I wouldn't mind getting the Vita Slim, it looks pretty good from what I can tell, there's just not really any games that are truly pushing for me to buy it.

Also kind of sad they didn't use the control sticks from the PS4 controller, I haven't used it myself personally but just thinking about the design I can honestly say that at least in theory they'd be a lot better to use.

PS Vita isn't exactly selling as Sony would like yet every single person who has one loves it, so there's something to be said for that. 

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Your stuck only streaming games on shield right?  

You can download Android games and play them on the Shield since that's what it was made for, PC gaming via streaming and high end Android gaming whilst on the go. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

thats on the psp isnt it

It's currently only available on the PSP, but it's sequel (?) is coming to the PS Vita in 2014. It's called Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment.

COMIC SANS

I wish these weren't $350 for us living in the USA, I really want one :(

I wish these weren't $350 for us living in the USA, I really want one :(

You wish what wasn't $350?  The shield is $300 and the playstation vita is $200

Home Machine:

NAS:

For mobile games I would get a razer blade when the second iteration comes out that has a better screen.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

It's says $260 USD, not $350, which is close to the old Vita price. By the way, Play-Asia overprices imported products due to high margins. I once bought 4 animation DVDs (13 episode series) for $500 ($100 of which was import tax). If I had a friend in Japan at that time, like I do now, I would have saved hundreds of dollars. The actual Vita 2000 Slim is $190 from straight Yen to USD conversion.

Speaking of which, there is a Tearaway (new game set for November 22) bundle for Europeans with the old Vita for 190 GBP (140 GBP in other retailers). It also includes a 16GB memory card and 30 day PS+ for those that sign up to a new SEN account by December 31st. Another bundle is available that includes Rayman Legends, FIFA 14 and LittleBigPlanet Vita for 170 GBP. Same PS+ bonus applies. The new Vita will likely be available from E3 2014 onwards for North America and Europe along with the Vita TV. Vita Slim clearly seems to be a replacement of the current system, hence the bundles. It'll soon be rare to find OLED Vitas once the Slim is available.

And for the record, according to reviewers, the Shield is clearly competing with the Vita, not the other way around. The Vita has a huge library of games made solely for the product, while the Shield has very few optimised Androd games in comparison. The Shield price cut is a clear indication of what it is competing with.

As a side note, this news article is old. Even the dates on the links are old.

You can download Android games and play them on the Shield since that's what it was made for, PC gaming via streaming and high end Android gaming whilst on the go. 

What the hell is 'high-end' Android gaming? I'm curious to see this library of games, because the last time I checked an S4 and/or the latest Android smartphone is enough to run any game on the Play Store. And from a developers standpoint, Tegra is the least preferred processor to optimise for now that almost all new smartphones are using Qualcomm or ARM.

So when is the soonest I can buy one of these for $200-250 in the USA? =/

So when is the soonest I can buy one of these for $200-250 in the USA? =/

By the sounds of it for the near future, never. http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a514344/slim-playstation-vita-sony-has-nothing-to-announce-for-north-america.html

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Looks amazing but i'm satisfied with my vita's BEAUTIFUL OLED display. The vita is a great device, I need more games tho. They are so cheap, you might as well get a 1st gen for the better screen. If both were out here it would be a tougher decision but i'd just get a gen 1 vita if your planning on getting a vita. 2000's not out here yet.

Video Game, Anime and Tech Fan! 

Current Build - CPU: Intel Xeon x5660 @ 4.2GHZ / MOBO: ASUS P6T / COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 + / GPU: Radeon HD 7970 / RAM 8GB Corsair XMS3 / STORAGE: OCZ Agility 3 60gb, WD Blue 1TB / CASE: Bitfenix Shinobi PSU / Antec Earthwatts 500w / DISPLAY: Asus 23 inch @1080p, Dell 19 inch @ 1440x900, Seiki SE42UM @ 4K 

Mobile Devices: HP Chromebook 14, 3DS XL, Vita, Samsung Note 4, LG G Pad 8.3, Chuwi Hi8, NEX-3N

You guys really should check Amazon more often. You can buy a PS Vita 2000 for around $220 (+ around $20 for shipping), imported from Japan.

COMIC SANS

^ LoL ... That's great, and I saw them also. Only issue is that I live in the USA and want a USA model. You should really check peoples profile location more often.

Home Machine:

NAS:

Rockman: I saw the difference and the oled is a lot sharper, like you said. The good points about the new model is the hour more battery life, lighter in weight, and uses a standard USB charger that can be purchased for dollars online. I was thinking what you said about getting the old gen for the screen but the new gens improvements are quite snazzy.

Home Machine:

NAS:

^ LoL ... That's great, and I saw them also. Only issue is that I live in the USA and want a USA model. You should really check peoples profile location more often.

Well if you're planning on importing it, you should know that it's NTSC-J and not NTSC.

COMIC SANS

It's says $260 USD, not $350, which is close to the old Vita price. By the way, Play-Asia overprices imported products due to high margins. I once bought 4 animation DVDs (13 episode series) for $500 ($100 of which was import tax). If I had a friend in Japan at that time, like I do now, I would have saved hundreds of dollars. The actual Vita 2000 Slim is $190 from straight Yen to USD conversion.

Speaking of which, there is a Tearaway (new game set for November 22) bundle for Europeans with the old Vita for 190 GBP. It also includes a 16GB memory card and 30 day PS+ for those that sign up to a new SEN account by December 31st. Another bundle is available that includes Rayman Legends, FIFA 14 and LittleBigPlanet Vita for 170 GBP. Same PS+ bonus applies. The new Vita will likely be available from E3 2014 onwards for North America and Europe along with the Vita TV. Vita Slim clearly seems to be a replacement of the current system, hence the bundles. It'll soon be rare to find OLED Vitas once the Slim is available.

And for the record, according to reviewers, the Shield is clearly competing with the Vita, not the other way around. The Vita has a huge library of games made solely for the product, while the Shield has very few optimised Androd games in comparison. The Shield price cut is a clear indication of what it is competing with.

As a side note, this news article is old. Even the dates on the links are old.

What the hell is 'high-end' Android gaming? I'm curious to see this library of games, because the last time I checked an S4 and/or the latest Android smartphone is enough to run any game on the Play Store. And from a developers standpoint, Tegra is the least preferred processor to optimise for now that almost all new smartphones are using Qualcomm or ARM.

It's enough to run it, but the touch gaming expieirence is terrible. BTW, android game graphics are getting pretty damn decent(check fifa 14, modern combat, and real racing 3

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I'm waiting for Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends to come out on it... When it does, I will certainly grab one (again). I wouldn't wait for the Slim though, I saw the comparison between the two screens and the Original OLED screen just looks so much better than the LCD on the Slim.

You guys really should check Amazon more often. You can buy a PS Vita 2000 for around $220 (+ around $20 for shipping), imported from Japan.

Will I have problems at all with region locking, not being able to read text/games/menus/OS or anything like that? Or is it all in English if I want. If it is I'm getting that Black/Pink one ASAP. And where can I get a copy of Technika Tune for less than $70?