i3 accepts ddr3 can i keep ddr4?

i am building a custom pc. i selected i3 7100 socket lga 1151, which i'll buy from amazon india. on the amazon webpage of that processor it says computer ram type = ddr3 sdram. can i use Hyperx Fury ddr4 8gb 2133MHz?

2 minutes ago, Krishna Dev said:

i am building a custom pc. i selected i3 7100 socket lga 1151, which i'll buy from amazon india. on the amazon webpage of that processor it says computer ram type = ddr3 sdram. can i use Hyperx Fury ddr4 8gb 2133MHz?

no, your motherboard most likely won't even support DDR4

you can only use the the style of ram both your CPU and MOBO supports

5 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

What? Almost all LGA 1151 Boards are DDR4, the IMC Is capable of handling DDR3 and DDR4, however ,it is board dependant. 

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

2 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

What? Almost all LGA 1151 Boards are DDR4, the IMC Is capable of handling DDR3 and DDR4, however ,it is board dependant. 

THIS, Skylake and Kabylake MOBO's are pretty exclusively made supporting only DDR4, the CPU may support DDR3 but if your MOBO doesn't then it doesn't matter, you NEED RAM to match the SLOTS on the MOBO.

i3 7100 was designed to work with DDR4 memory, but it also has a DDR3 memory controller which supports DDR3L memory sticks (basically DDR memory sticks that work at maximum 1.35v - for example you could buy 1866 Mhz 1.5v DDR3 memory and try to make them run at 1.35v and 1333 Mhz). The processor will be damaged - in time - if you use DDR3 memory sticks with voltage higher than 1.35v

It's up to the motherboard you choose if you can use DDR3 or DDR4 ... it must have the right RAM slots and the BIOS must also support the i3 7100 processor (which was released in 2017).

Most likely, motherboards with that socket and support for DDR3L are now 1-2 years old at least, so the processor being so new may not be supported 100%.

my mobo supports ddr4 but on processor's amazon page it says processor don't support it

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

i3 7100 was designed to work with DDR4 memory, but it also has a DDR3 memory controller which supports DDR3L memory sticks (basically DDR memory sticks that work at maximum 1.35v - for example you could buy 1866 Mhz 1.5v DDR3 memory and try to make them run at 1.35v and 1333 Mhz). The processor will be damaged - in time - if you use DDR3 memory sticks with voltage higher than 1.35v

It's up to the motherboard you choose if you can use DDR3 or DDR4 ... it must have the right RAM slots and the BIOS must also support the i3 7100 processor (which was released in 2017).

Most likely, motherboards with that socket and support for DDR3L are now 1-2 years old at least, so the processor being so new may not be supported 100%.

Ah... well that's interesting im currently running DDR3 ram with an i7 6700...

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

16 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

mobo does processor doesnt.

I can assure you the 7100 most certainly does take ddr4.

Memory Specifications

1 minute ago, Rune said:

I can assure you the 7100 most certainly does take ddr4.

Memory Specifications

thanks i am goin to use hyperx fury 1x8gb ddr4 2133MHz