GPU load at 0%

fusar

My games don't run buttery smooth like i'd like them to and i've been trying to figure out why. I recently saw that this gpu temp app says my gpu has 0% load while im playing games. it very rarely will jump up to like 14 % or something but usually its at a constant 0%. Is this why my games aren't smooth. And if so how do i fix it?

tmf.JPG

Sounds like its using either the integrated GPU or your drivers are not installed.

Or there something wrong with the GPU

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

Just now, Marshall212 said:

Sounds like its using either the integrated GPU or your drivers are not installed.

Or there something wrong with the GPU

what do i do to fix?

Just now, fusar said:

what do i do to fix?

Check BIOS and see if its all set up correctly there, Might be something on the lines of "PCIe graphics" or something. Also did you install all the AMD drivers as well?

Just now, Marshall212 said:

Check BIOS and see if its all set up correctly there, Might be something on the lines of "PCIe graphics" or something. Also did you install all the AMD drivers as well?

yes the amd drivers are installed. I've been told to go to bios before. i wen't to bios and i couldn't find anything about graphics cards. i've tried googling it aswell. can't find anything. any tips?

Just now, fusar said:

yes the amd drivers are installed. I've been told to go to bios before. i wen't to bios and i couldn't find anything about graphics cards. i've tried googling it aswell. can't find anything. any tips?

Wouldn't have a clue then, Could be a faulty GPU maybe? Or try making the applications use the GPU (Im not sure how you will need to look this up)

Make sure your display is plugged into the graphics card.  If you have an Intel CPU it's possible it is using the onboard graphics rather than your GPU and disabling this is going to depend on your motherboard.  

Download the latest AMD driver for your system and save the executable to your desktop.

Download "Display Driver Uninstaller" and follow the on screen instructions to remove the display driver.  Then reinstall it with the driver package on your desktop.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

13 minutes ago, sgloux3470 said:

Make sure your display is plugged into the graphics card.  If you have an Intel CPU it's possible it is using the onboard graphics rather than your GPU and disabling this is going to depend on your motherboard.  

Download the latest AMD driver for your system and save the executable to your desktop.

Download "Display Driver Uninstaller" and follow the on screen instructions to remove the display driver.  Then reinstall it with the driver package on your desktop.

it's pugged into the graphics card. All latest amd graphics drivers installed. I have a intel "amd eight core processor"

18 minutes ago, sgloux3470 said:

what do you mean by

If you have an Intel CPU it's possible it is using the onboard graphics rather than your GPU and disabling this is going to depend on your motherboard.  

2 hours ago, fusar said:

what do you mean by

Some intel processors have a graphics chip built into the CPU, which is nowhere near as strong as a video card.

Which CPU model do you have?

I know you have the latest drivers, however doing a clean reinstall can often fix many issues.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

6 minutes ago, sgloux3470 said:

Some intel processors have a graphics chip built into the CPU, which is nowhere near as strong as a video card.

Which CPU model do you have?

I know you have the latest drivers, however doing a clean reinstall can often fix many issues.  

amd fx (tm)-8300 eight-core processor