What RAM will work with Ryzen?

1 hour ago, paddy-stone said:

I'm done with you now little boy

dude, super uncalled for.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

44 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

dude, super uncalled for.

I don't take people arguing with me for the sake of it well... a rational conversation or even a criticism is fine, but to keep taking my words out of context and make them seem otherwise is uncalled for and childish, hence the comment about his probable age based on his comments. Read my first post and see if I mentioned anything about recommending anything... all I did was give my own experience with RAM that I already had, as the OP was asking about the QVL list and would RAM "work", so my post was very relevant IMO as my RAM isn't on the QVL list yet works @2666Mhz. Yes I agree it's not at the rated speed, and I did mention that I would not choose this RAM if I was buying new and that I would buy different RAM. To take that out of context and imply I was telling the OP to buy faster or more expensive RAM is childish. My subsequent posts to that guy explained my situation and asked that he read my post again and he continued to try and start a flame war/argument... I don't take this lightly, he is entitled to his beliefs of course, but in this he was entirely wrong, look at this

My ram isn't on the QVL list and works fine, not at the rated 3000Mhz speed, but at 2666Mhz so far, and hopefully with updates to the BIOS more ram will be able to work at XMP settings. I think it would be rare for RAM to not work at all... would welcome any actual real life cases where people have found this.

For reference my ram is dual rank

CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz CL15

I probably would pick better RAM if buying specifically for Ryzen, but had this already from a previous build.

And compare that to what he was implying.

and subsequently 

17 hours ago, othertomperson said:

So no, it doesn't work "just fine". What's the point in paying more for faster RAM to find that actually you can't run it at the advertised speed?

Who said anything about paying more? and yes it works fine, because it works... if you cared to read my post properly instead of trying to jump on someone for some unnessesarily vague reason, you would notice the rest of what I said about it, like "if I was buying new ram specifically for ryzen I would buy something else" or words to that effect. I've had this ram for a while and so chose to use that instead of buying new, get your facts straight,

This forum gets more childish every day, with people trying to start arguments over something meaningless or even their wrong interpretation of someones comments. I like being here, and to all the actual children on this forum I apologise for the "childish" comment, as most of you are well behaved and respectful, there's only certain people on here that refuse to act in a normal way and troll people, which I thought was not allowed on this forum?

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

Anyway, done and dusted... I just don't like people trying to take my words out of context.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

I don't take people arguing with me for the sake of it well

Then take the high road. Stooping to their level ought to be beneath you, otherwise you're demonstrating that you are no better than they are.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W from Corsair.

I ordered those for 140€ ... kinda cheap compared to those branded for Ryzen at 200€ or more lol

Just check if your motherboard does support it. 

For example I ordered B350M Mortar motherboard and I found CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W on the list rated at 3200MHz. Should be good :)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB