Upgrade or Re-Build?

Hi guys! :D

So my current build is this one:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LqsVTH

And I know it is kinda of a mess.
The memory ram sometimes stops working because it is not really compatible, and I no longer can play recent games, such as Players Unknow Battlegrouds,..., at 60+FPS.

But what do you guys think?

• Should I sell some parts and replace them with better gear ( kinda try to fix my current build )
  • Or should I try to sell my whole computer a build another one, and if so, for how much can I sell it for? And if I'm going to build a new one I cant go over 1.200€

Thank you in advance!!

well I dont know how much you can get for it over there but if I were you I would start Fresh your PC reminds me of the Song One Piece at a Time by Johnny Cash

I would suggest you just sell all the ram and buy a 16GB kit 

sell the i5 and get a i7 3770k

and then get a ballin GPU or somethin

3 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

well I dont know how much you can get for it over there but if I were you I would start Fresh your PC reminds me of the Song One Piece at a Time by Johnny Cash

I know... The only thing that I like about my computer is the Power supply and my SSD, and my Graphic card was good too at the time.
That's why I am needing your help guys ahah

1 minute ago, Tenadisic said:

I would suggest you just sell all the ram and buy a 16GB kit 

sell the i5 and get a i7 3770k

and then get a ballin GPU or somethin

What about the motherboard? Dont you think I should change that since I'm changing the CPU and the RAM, I could get a better one.

I guess, I'll start here.

If you were to rebuild, what would your budget be, approx.?

You can definitely reuse your SSD, PSU, HDD, optical drive and case. So more budget for Ram, CPU, MOBO and GPU?

If you have very little, than it'd be better to upgrade your current build, but if you get a decent amount, someone could throw together a good build.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

You could probably do something like this, keeping the storage, case, PSU, and DVD drive and getting a new CPU, RAM, mobo, and GPU.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($218.98 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($98.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($374.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Antec Nine Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $801.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-24 15:48 EDT-0400

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

I think the real question is budget, how much money do you have to do upgrades vs how much can you spend on a new build. You can reuse a lot from the old build without much worry. In order of things needing upgrade most direly

1. GPU

2. RAM

3. CPU

4. if CPU > 1155 then MOBO

You could upgrade GPU pretty well for 250-350. Which would have the single largest bump to gaming, but upgrading RAM to a good 16GB kit and CPU to a compatible i7 would be a big step up also for around the same price. If you were wanting to rebuild from the ground up I'd keep PSU, Case, etc. new CPU/Mobo i5/7000 series or Ryzen 5 1600ish. at least 16GB of RAM and a 1070 GPU unless you were wanting to wait for VEGA, or drop down to a 1060/580 to wait for the next big thing

10 minutes ago, Trooper0001 said:

What about the motherboard? Dont you think I should change that since I'm changing the CPU and the RAM, I could get a better one.

it depends on your budget, if you stay with a CPU from the same generation and just get a better one your wouldn't NEED to change out the MOBO, but if you went to a newer CPU then you would HAVE to get a NEW Mobo and New RAM.

you really NEED to set a budget of what you can spend.

6 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

You could probably do something like this, keeping the storage, case, PSU, and DVD drive and getting a new CPU, RAM, mobo, and GPU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($218.98 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($98.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($374.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Antec Nine Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $801.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-24 15:48 EDT-0400

I would get a new case also something with tempered glass  Like the Phanteks P400S or the S340 tempered glass

Just now, Zic05 said:

Whole new PC build

you don't need WHOLE NEW, the PSU, SSD and Hard Drive are all excellent parts and it would be a waste of money to have to re buy them, you could by a cheaper PSU and SSD (like a 128GB) to swap into this machine before selling it and keep those good parts for the new build tho.

41 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

I would get a new case also something with tempered glass  Like the Phanteks P400S or the S340 tempered glass

Why though? The current one is already pretty decent.

If OP really wants one with tempered glass then sure but otherwise I don't see the point.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Why though? The current one is already pretty decent.

If OP really wants one with tempered glass then sure but otherwise I don't see the point.

It looks dated. I mean yes it will work just fine but if your going to drop a bunch of money into refreshing your system you might as well get a new sexy case to house it.

3 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

It looks dated. I mean yes it will work just fine but if your going to drop a bunch of money into refreshing your system you might as well get a new sexy case to house it.

It looks OK though, it's up to OP really if they want to shell out $100 for a new case.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

It looks OK though, it's up to OP really if they want to shell out $100 for a new case.

I know if I was Upgrading I would Grab a Tempered Glass Case 

8 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

I know if I was Upgrading I would Grab a Tempered Glass Case 

Well OP doesn't have the same opinions as you :P 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Well OP doesn't have the same opinions as you :P 

how do you know that? are you reading the OP's mind?

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

how do you know that? are you reading the OP's mind?

:ph34r:

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I am actually thinking on moving to another case ahah
And those ones look really good!
I'm trying to build a blue led set up, if you guys know any cool cases with blue leds

1 hour ago, Drake10114 said:

I guess, I'll start here.

If you were to rebuild, what would your budget be, approx.?

You can definitely reuse your SSD, PSU, HDD, optical drive and case. So more budget for Ram, CPU, MOBO and GPU?

If you have very little, than it'd be better to upgrade your current build, but if you get a decent amount, someone could throw together a good build.

1 hour ago, HalGameGuru said:

I think the real question is budget, how much money do you have to do upgrades vs how much can you spend on a new build. You can reuse a lot from the old build without much worry. In order of things needing upgrade most direly

1. GPU

2. RAM

3. CPU

4. if CPU > 1155 then MOBO

You could upgrade GPU pretty well for 250-350. Which would have the single largest bump to gaming, but upgrading RAM to a good 16GB kit and CPU to a compatible i7 would be a big step up also for around the same price. If you were wanting to rebuild from the ground up I'd keep PSU, Case, etc. new CPU/Mobo i5/7000 series or Ryzen 5 1600ish. at least 16GB of RAM and a 1070 GPU unless you were wanting to wait for VEGA, or drop down to a 1060/580 to wait for the next big thing

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

it depends on your budget, if you stay with a CPU from the same generation and just get a better one your wouldn't NEED to change out the MOBO, but if you went to a newer CPU then you would HAVE to get a NEW Mobo and New RAM.

you really NEED to set a budget of what you can spend.

Well I dont have much, I was thinking on 400-500€ plus the stuff that I can sell.

What's your opinion with a budget of 600€ if I can sell some parts? New Motherboard, RAM, CPU and wait for a new GPU when I get more money?

10 minutes ago, Trooper0001 said:

-Snip-

Are you able to buy from German sites, etc.?

I imagine for 600 euros, someone can build a good budget rig w/ a good gpu in it.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  (€64.92 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: MSI B250M MORTAR Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€97.27 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€73.17 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 580 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card  (€324.32 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €559.68
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-24 23:23 CEST+0200

Here would be a sample, feel free to tweak it, since I basically was tossing stuff on.

Current System Specs:

For that budget.... the 2GB that 960 has is really anemic... Putting way too much into the rest isnt gonna get you into much gaming performance with that same GPU. If you are willing to wait on the GPU for next gen to come out and current gen prices to drop a bit I'd say focus on CPU/Mobo upgrade. 7000 series i5 or Ryzen 5 1600ish, decent mobo and 16GB RAM. Take whats left and save up a bit and grab a better GPU in 3-6 months. Otherwise I would bump up your current GPU to a 580 or 1070, depending on final budget, and go from the i5 to an i7 from that series and a good 16GB kit of RAM. The i7 CPU would still be fully functional for most games for a few more years