Anyone have any mosquito spray? These little buggers are--wait, nm, its just a drone

nicehat

Im getting a little sick of console news so...shall we?

The Black Hornet nano drone, which can be carried in a soldier's pocket, has an onboard camera that gives troops video and still images of hard-to-access places. 

Black-Hornet-drone.jpg?fit=400%2C400

Weighing only 0.56 ounces (16 grams), the Black Hornet looks like a tiny toy helicopter. But it's really a nano-size piece of military hardware unlike anything on the battlefield today — experimental robot flies and hummingbirds not withstanding.

The PD-100 Black Hornet Personal Reconnaissance System, unveiled to the American public for the first time last week at the Association of the United States Army Expo in Washington, D.C., is a drone (actually, a pair of them) that a soldier can carry and operate as easily as he or she would a radio.

Since last year, the British infantrymen in Afghanistan have been using the new Black Hornets on a variety of missions — from scouting routes for possible enemy ambushes to peeking over the walls of a nearby compound.

Soooo if I could get my hands on one of these things and use it to borrow some answers off the smart kid for my next board exam that would be faaaaan-taaastic

What would you guys use this for if you could has?

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Uses? Uhmm, the men's changing room's counterpart…

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

If you could fly it like an AR drone then it would be pretty awesome. Could save a lot of lives really.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

If you could fly it like an AR drone then it would be pretty awesome. Could save a lot of lives really.

Im guessing the controller is the same as what you would use on a modelplane with a builtin lcd display.

Im guessing the controller is the same as what you would use on a modelplane with a builtin lcd display.

Only problem with that is that it could be kind of bulky and an iPhone or Android phone would fit perfectly in a pocket with a little case with the two drones inside

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Only problem with that is that it could be kind of bulky and an iPhone or Android phone would fit perfectly in a pocket with a little case with the two drones inside

if we manage to break the phones easy in civilian use. imagine what an battlefield would be like :P but i  see ur point!.