PS4 Units Intentionally Sabotaged at Foxconn Factory?

I was reading reviews on Amazon.com (US) and I found one entry by a Chinese buyer stating that there were some college students shafted into working on production, and being pissed off with the situation intentionally produced defective PS4 units, this is in the Yantai area, Foxconn campus.

I did some digging, looks like there is an IGN thread on it, and Kotaku have covered it also, it seems that there could be some truth to this, but to be clear I'm just relaying what I read on the internet so I'm not offering it as factual.

Sources.

Amazon review.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R15DIOX35KYVED/ref=cm_aya_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00BGA9WK2#wasThisHelpful

IGN thread.
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/foxconn-intern-student-in-yantai-china-claimed-to-make-bad-ps4-consoles-thee-months-ago.453522435/

Kotaku article.

http://kotaku.com/report-college-students-forced-to-make-playstation-4-1443353519

Anyone know anything about this? Foxconn isn't exactly renowned for it's niceness to employees, even less students in there on 'work experience' and Sony claiming 0.4% defective but there are a lot of failure reports now.

If you buy anything that is made by "Slave" Labor you are indirectly supporting Slavery.

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

So this is the source of the HDMItis!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

they intetionally sabotaged like barely any. xbox 360 want even sabotged yet that shit had over 30% fail rate. so honestly its proabbly like 5 people so ithey proabbly didnt fuck too  many up

In a warehouse of thousands of units what possible could a couple of kids do. They dump water on five crates and it means nothing compared to the thousand other crates full of PS4s.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

So this is the source of the HDMItis!!!

no... if u read the article it says they would be lucky to even turn on O_o

In a warehouse of thousands of units what possible could a couple of kids do. They dump water on five crates and it means nothing compared to the thousand other crates full of PS4s.

You misunderstand, one individiual alone on a high speed electronics production line will process 1 part of hundreds of consoles on a single shift, this is alleged to have occurred before they made it to crates of finished products in warehouses.

You misunderstand, one individiual alone on a high speed electronics production line will process 1 part of hundreds of consoles on a single shift, this is alleged to have occurred before they made it to crates of finished products in warehouses.

Ah this took place in assembly. So yeah that is different but still, hundreds is a drop in the ocean.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Apparently the students were "forced" by having them work, if they did not then they would not receive their diploma.

However, they are paid a wage like the other workers there.

Apparently the students were "forced" by having them work, if they did not then they would not receive their diploma.

However, they are paid a wage like the other workers there.

The irony of the situation is that they presumably were going to college specifically to avoid working in a Foxconn plant lol

nice to see that people over there are taking a stand! i dont care if i am getting a broken ps4 that i pre orded, it will get it repaired in one repair center close in my region not china. Those people work for 19 hours a day and get like 300 euro's for the hole month. dont even mind some people even pee their pants there just to not get fired there. and live in a 8 person room size of 4 by 5 meters with no airco in the summer.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Apparently, the students were working eleven hours a day—longer if there was overtime. Wang said there was a thirty-minute break at lunch, and there was a ten-minute break in the morning.

When I did my internship for my degree I had to work for 10.5 hours, but I had 1 hour for lunch. I didn't get paid lol

If this is true it hillarious

:| Well they have to have their fun too guys. They get no money might as well have fun destroying products :D

They are getting paid.

If you buy anything that is made by "Slave" Labor you are indirectly supporting Slavery.

You basically have no choice very often

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Well, that's interesting!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

True, but on the flip side if you and I don't buy the product at all, then those who do have a job regardless of how bad the hours and the pay will not even have that. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

no... if u read the article it says they would be lucky to even turn on O_o

HDMItis got worse..

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

....Nothing.

To you, it's nothing.

To them, it's all they have. 

Think before what they have to endure and all they have to go through to get the means of survival. 

....Nothing.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/10/4823796/report-foxconn-chinese-students-forced-to-manufacture-ps4

Correction: This article originally described the internship as unpaid, but the students were in fact paid the same as a normal Foxconn worker — 1,600 yuan (about $261.62) per month — according to the company and their school, Xi'an Technological University. We've edited the article above to reflect this, and apologize for the error.

I'm working minimum wage, part time. I can only get in 9 hours a week, so in a month I make MAYBE $280. It is practically nothing, but it is damn something and I'm working hard for that money.

To you, it's nothing.

To them, it's all they have. 

Think before what they have to endure and all they have to go through to get the means of survival. 

True true.

I feel bad for them...

they intetionally sabotaged like barely any. xbox 360 want even sabotged yet that shit had over 30% fail rate. so honestly its proabbly like 5 people so ithey proabbly didnt fuck too  many up

54% failure rate, that is ridiculous.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1