Uninstalling?

JBIZZL3Y

As the title says really, trying to uninstall the game as I've got it on my ssd at the moment, but cannot figure out how to do so..

I can only find the launcher/installer in the control panel, anyone here had this issue or figured out how to uninstall the game?

cheers!

Is this a stand alone game thats not on steam/origin/blizzard? You can try right clicking the application then click "Open File Location". THere might be a uninstaller in the folder

yeah it's the star citizen game, it hasn't installed an application as such, I just open the 'launcher' and then it runs the game, i think ive found the files within file explorer but can't find an uninstaller and didnt want to just delete them

They didn't bother to implement a proper install and uninstall system yet so everything is kept where you have installed it. So either C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games or C:\Users\[your user]\Cloud Imperium Games

just delete the entire folder and the shortcuts on desktop and in start menu and you got rid of it entirely.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

back in my day, when you wanted to uninstall a game, you just deleted the files. You didn't go on the internet looking for instructions

On 4/16/2017 at 6:05 PM, JBIZZL3Y said:

As the title says really, trying to uninstall the game as I've got it on my ssd at the moment, but cannot figure out how to do so..

I can only find the launcher/installer in the control panel, anyone here had this issue or figured out how to uninstall the game?

cheers!

There is no official un-installer that I am aware of. Find the program folder and delete it. Then do a system search for related files and delete those.

23 hours ago, tp95112 said:

Is this a stand alone game thats not on steam/origin/blizzard? You can try right clicking the application then click "Open File Location". THere might be a uninstaller in the folder

This is Star Citizen a stand alone MMO still in beta with no ties to Steam, Blizzard, or Origin.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 9 months later...
On 4/17/2017 at 12:59 AM, rucdoc said:

back in my day, when you wanted to uninstall a game, you just deleted the files. You didn't go on the internet looking for instructions

Was your day 1995? 

On 27/01/2018 at 11:02 PM, crcrewso said:

Was your day 1995? 

Haha 95! Keep going back

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2017 at 5:05 PM, JBIZZL3Y said:

cheers!

Um... Control Panel... Uninstall programs...? Standard procedure...?

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread: