Dell xps 13 or Hp spectre x360 for school

XPS because it has better build quality and features/specs.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

xps 13 because

- better build  

- better screen 

- better battery life 

- user upgradeable

i personally think two in ones are a really bad gimmick.

51 minutes ago, donggun222 said:

Which one and why? 

HP. Cuz it supports pen and touch. Second, it supports tablet mode, by flipping the laptop to tablet.

Context Matters!

44 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

xps 13 because

- better build  

- better screen 

- better battery life 

- user upgradeable

i personally think two in ones are a really bad gimmick.

Two in ones are suitable for those people's who always carry it.

Context Matters!

10 hours ago, TechQuest said:

Two in ones are suitable for those people's who always carry it.

considering the bad battery life, that's arguable. 

I was going to jump and say Dell XPS 13 since it's pretty much the best windows machine I've seen but looking at what the spectre can do has got me impressed also the fact that it's also a tablet with an stylus got me wondering....

But...here's my advice (Keep in mind I have looked over dozens of laptops for school and know each of their specs/what they can do very well)

Dell XPS 13 if you are not going to use the tablet mode. If you are interested in the tablet mode and you plan on using the stylus frequently then get the Surface Pro 4 over the Spectre, there isn't yet much info of what the spectre is limited or what issues users will have over the long run. The Surface Pro is actually imo the best device for college students next to the MacBook Air, you will be amazed on how easy it will make your college assignments using one note and keeping everything neatly organized with yours.

If not, get the DELL XPS 13 or the MacBook Air, you will never regret it and they'll last all four years.

Personally I'd go for the XPS 13 because you have more ports and won't have to buy as many dongles.