Keep dying on rainbow six, what am i doing wrong?

Friedmurloc

I just keep getting shot on rainbow six siege without learning why i actually died, it's either always someone shooting me in my back, or trough a small peephole that i can't notice, since i don't have eagle eyes.

After about 25 hours of trial and error, i only managed to get about.. 12 kills inbetween all the deaths, i only spent €20 on this game, and i might stay for the occasional terrorist hunt, but as far as casual multiplayer goes, i'm done with this game, i can't learn it if i keep getting matched against veteran players.

So, what am i doing wrong?

You can't swim against the waves, but you can learn to surf them.

10 minutes ago, Friedmurloc said:

I just keep getting shot on rainbow six siege without learning why i actually died, it's either always someone shooting me in my back, or trough a small peephole that i can't notice, since i don't have eagle eyes.

After about 25 hours of trial and error, i only managed to get about.. 12 kills inbetween all the deaths, i only spent €20 on this game, and i might stay for the occasional terrorist hunt, but as far as casual multiplayer goes, i'm done with this game, i can't learn it if i keep getting matched against veteran players.

So, what am i doing wrong?

You just started playing?  It's normal.  A lot of the people in multiplayer are people who have been playing for a long time, they've gotten used to the specialties of each operator and know the maps.

I recommend you finish the training scenarios, and play a lot of terrorist hunt to familiarize yourself with the maps.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

21 minutes ago, Friedmurloc said:

I think you've identified quite well as to why you are dying. You also only have 25 hours logged so chances are many have an experience advantage on you.

I'm no better at the game, but it's highly tactical and requires A level of communication. If you have a CoD/BF mindset then you won't succeed at the game. Perhaps read a 'tips & tricks' guide.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

R6S is a game where you need to think and execute in a moment's notice. I've seen many Battlefield players run in shame when starting to play R6S for being "difficult" and I'll tell you what I tell them, "execute with precision". Don't think about running into a room. Check it while waiting for allies to stack up. Check the entries, covers, and ambush locations. It's easy to start a feint from one door or the ceiling, taking everyone by surprise with a coordinated effort. 

Get some friends together on the "Looking for Group" sub-forum.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

5 minutes ago, MegaDave91 said:

it's highly tactical and requires A level of communication

Yep, it requires a lot of teamwork and communication.  I've played for several months and I usually have winning streaks with teams that communicate and work together.  With teams that remain silent, I usually have losing streaks.

Also, making sure the operators picked in a team can work together is important.  Picking an op team that has only certain types without supporting ops is fairly certain way to lose.  For example, if there is Thermite in the team there should also be Thatcher with his EMP grenades.  If Mute and Bandit are in the same team, try to make sure Bandit's electric batteries do not fry out Mute's jammers that are placed near walls or barbed wires.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Never played it, but I suppose there is a learning curve, like csgo. Both games have a learning curve that I can't be assed with haha.
Hours played doesn't really matter. You could spend those 25 hours mindlessly trying the same thing over and over without learning from your mistakes, or you could spend those 25 hours not trying to play your way, but rather learn the ropes, and come up with an efficient way of playing.

Like in all shooter games, map knowledge will be key, room layouts etc. There will always be certain places where people prefer to use "peep holes", hotspots if you will. Learn these hotspots and then approach them with caution.

Watch some youtube videos, not tutorials, but of just general gameplay, general gameplay is where you will get general knowledge etc.
I suppose make sure your playing with headphones as it seems a very "sneaky" game, so hearing the smallest sounds will play a big part.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

R6S is a game where you need to think and execute in a moment's notice. I've seen many Battlefield players run in shame when starting to play R6S for being "difficult" and I'll tell you what I tell them, "execute with precision". Don't think about running into a room. Check it while waiting for allies to stack up. Check the entries, covers, and ambush locations. It's easy to start a feint from one door or the ceiling, taking everyone by surprise with a coordinated effort. 

Exactly!

And don't forget about customizing/picking the right accessories for the weapons.  In my opinion, laser sights are pretty much useless unless you're a shield character like Montagne. Avoid using laser sights on rifles, as they can give away your position to the opfor team with people who are observant.  And suppressors/silencers, they reduce damage so might want to avoid them if possible.

While I am not the best player, I do have over a 2 K/D in ranked and I can tell you that this game is 100% easier when you perfect 3 things: map knowledge, peekers advantage, and sound. Map knowledge is essential in this game. You must learn the rooms and hatches in and out. You see or hear a guy on those basement stairs? Go blow the hatch that is behind his back so that you now have the upper hand because he is trying to figure out whether or not you will drop through the hatch or come back to the stairs. Simple but extremely effective. Also, drone, drone, drone. That is a huge difference between a modest player, and a patient skilled player. If you cannot confidently tell yourself "this room is clear," then get on that drone and find out. But once you learn the maps a bit more you will get more of a sense as to whether or not that room will be clear based upon its proximity near the objective. Roamers are players that "roam" far away from the objective, so even when you can tell yourself that the room is clear it is still important to turn the corner with your sights up and check corners. This brings me to my next point: peekers advantage. Peekers advantage is probably the single most frustrating thing about this game, until you learn how to use it to your advantage. Basically the simple way to explain it is that everyone has a different latency and therefore when you turn a corner, there will be a small period of time (we are talking milliseconds) where you will see the person on your screen, but they can't see you. Take advantage of this if you know someone is around the corner. Strafe in small bursts and pop off shots at your enemy before he notices, once he does, he will retaliate so give it a few seconds or move to a different doorway and try again. ALWAYS keep your crosshairs at head level, if you do not learn to shoot for the head, you will never succeed. 1 shot headshots are essential to win consistently in gun fights. Look up a video on peekers advantage to get a better idea of what I'm saying. Lastly, sound. Invest in a good pair of headphones because the sound in this game will save your life and give you more situational awareness. Sound in this game is weird compared to other games because it does not travel through walls. Basically, sound in this game will travel through the shortest path to reach you. So if a guy is directly on the other side of the wall from you, the footsteps and sounds he is making will actually either come to the left or the right door next to you, depending on which path is closer to him and you. Sound however does travel through vertical floors. So if someone is standing directly above you, you will hear his footsteps above you. Sound in this game is very helpful because even just an enemy reloading or walking around is easily heard and can let you know someone is in the room next to you. Anyways, my username on Uplay is Flesh.O and I get on just about everyday. I would be happy to show you a few pointers and things to help you improve in the game. But even to this day, I still have times where I get spanked. But you watch the kill cam and assess what you could've done differently for next time. Happy playing!