Any better CPU Cooler than Cryorig H7?

RRGT19

Hi,

I have an i7-7700 and I would like to have better temps.

Would be a good idea to buy another fan to install it in the heatsink?.

The H7 comes with another bracket to do that.

If I do it, will I get better temps, or not by much?.

Go for it. It wouldn't do much unless you're getting poor airflow, but more never hurts. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

it will help, but probably not as much as you hope, maybe 2-4c at best. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

25 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

it will help, but probably not as much as you hope, maybe 2-4c at best. 

Based upon the time I spent experimenting with two fans on an H7, 2C is about right unless you're using crazy fans. 

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I just bought the Cryorig H7 as well. I added another corsair 120 on the back, and the temps for my I5-7600k OC'd to 4.5Ghz have maybe changed 1-2 degrees. It is such a small amount that it could just be fluctuation. I would say it isn't worth it, unless you just have spare fans, and spare headers lying around. A better use of that fan would be on the case to be honest.

Let's say you have your first fan installed onto your heat sink. If you get 60-80C then I would say it isn't required. It won't hurt your i7 even if you install an extra fan in but like others have said, you will get roughly about a 5-8C difference. It could help and if you would like to, go for it!

REKISO102

Tech Connoisseur

YouTuber

Forum User

Rek has many PC Build Guides but has never built a PC. He does have much knowledge on PC's and Technology.

See you around9_9

Hi,

I have the Cryorig H7 and I have 66 C while playing games.

The H5 Universal will give me better temps?, how much will be the difference?.

i7-7700

3 minutes ago, RodoGodo19 said:

Hi,

I have the Cryorig H7 and I have 66 C while playing games.

The H5 Universal will give me better temps?, how much will be the difference?.

What are you cooling. 66 is very good for load temps.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

What are you cooling. 66 is very good for load temps.

i7-7700

I know is good but I would like better temps...

Just now, RodoGodo19 said:

i7-7700

For what? Just for fun and look at beautiful numbers? 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

For what? Just for fun and look at beautiful numbers? 

exactly, is a desire of mine jeje

do you think the H5 will give me better temps or not by much?

1 minute ago, RodoGodo19 said:

exactly, is a desire of mine jeje

do you think the H5 will give me better temps or not by much?

Stupid desire. Get a full custom loop

11 hours ago, RodoGodo19 said:

i7-7700

try enermax T50 instead, its on par with 240mm aio coolers

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

CPU: i7-7700

I have the H7 right now and I have 66-68C max playing games like GTA V, The Division, Ghost Recond, etc..

I want better temps, any other CPU Cooler better than the H7?.

I thought about the Cryorig H5 Universal but, the difference is just 3-4C max so, not worth it.

NH-D15.

That's about as good as it's going to get. Phanteks also has some high-end crazy stuff.

But honestly, the difference is minimal. Also is that just a stock 7700 and what case do you have?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

want better temps, delid the fucker and put some good paste on it, not necessarily "liquid metal"

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

NH-D15.

That's about as good as it's going to get. Phanteks also has some high-end crazy stuff.

But honestly, the difference is minimal. Also is that just a stock 7700 and what case do you have?

Is a non-k processor and I hace a Define C from Fractal Design.

2 minutes ago, RodoGodo19 said:

Is a non-k processor and I hace a Define C from Fractal Design.

I'm a bit puzzled then why it gets so hot...

My guess is that the IHS is mounted very poorly, delidding to re-apply thermal paste seems like the only option :/

I don't know why but for the last few weeks this issue appears much more than it used to...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

the Cryorig  R1 ultimate is an awesome CPU cooler

keeps my overclocked 5820k nice and cool, so should have no issue with a locked 7700

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Attach another fan to it, i did to mine and it helps. Or you could just completely change out the fan on it for one with a higher CFM.

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I'm a bit puzzled then why it gets so hot...

My guess is that the IHS is mounted very poorly, delidding to re-apply thermal paste seems like the only option :/

I don't know why but for the last few weeks this issue appears much more than it used to...

3 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

the Cryorig  R1 ultimate is an awesome CPU cooler

keeps my overclocked 5820k nice and cool, so should have no issue with a locked 7700

2 minutes ago, PigWithAMustache said:

Attach another fan to it, i did to mine and it helps. Or you could just completely change out the fan on it for one with a higher CFM.

I have to mention that the temperature of my room is 27 C, I live in the caribbean.

The H7 is well mounted.

Kaby Lake is hotter than previous generations, remember....

Adding a second fan will make a difference?.

I had 5 months ago the 212x from Cooler Master with two fans on it and I couldn't tell the difference in temps.

1 minute ago, RodoGodo19 said:

I have to mention that the temperature of my room is 27 C, I live in the caribbean.

The H7 is well mounted.

Kaby Lake is hotter than previous generations, remember....

Adding a second fan will make a difference?.

I had 5 months ago the 212x from Cooler Master with two fans on it and I couldn't tell the difference in temps.

Yeah that's the IHS poorly mounted to the physical cpu.

Maybe you know this already but i'll explain it anyway.

You have the physical cpu, the thing that does the calculations and whatever, then you have the IHS, that's the metal thingy you see on top of the cpu that has the name of the cpu ingraved in it. Between the IHS (metal thingy) and the phyiscal cores is thermal compound, but for some reason it's really crappy compound and sometimes not even mounted properly. So what happens when you put it under load is the phyiscal core gets hot and really struggles with getting the heat away through the crappy thermal compound to the IHS. That's the issue here. Delidding = taking off the IHS, getting rid of the crappy thermal compound, smudging good one on it and throwing it back together. Result? Much better temps and the phyiscal core can easily transfer the heat to the IHS via the new and decent thermal compound.

9 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Yeah that's the IHS poorly mounted to the physical cpu.

Maybe you know this already but i'll explain it anyway.

You have the physical cpu, the thing that does the calculations and whatever, then you have the IHS, that's the metal thingy you see on top of the cpu that has the name of the cpu ingraved in it. Between the IHS (metal thingy) and the phyiscal cores is thermal compound, but for some reason it's really crappy compound and sometimes not even mounted properly. So what happens when you put it under load is the phyiscal core gets hot and really struggles with getting the heat away through the crappy thermal compound to the IHS. That's the issue here. Delidding = taking off the IHS, getting rid of the crappy thermal compound, smudging good one on it and throwing it back together. Result? Much better temps and the phyiscal core can easily transfer the heat to the IHS via the new and decent thermal compound.

any tool to buy to do that process?.

11 hours ago, RodoGodo19 said:

The H7 performs pretty similarly to the 212x.

Your temps are fine. What exactly are you looking for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.