Is this card good value?

Slayer1982

Hello, everyone! It has been a while, and during this time I have bought a good PC without a graphics card. Now, I bought Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and despite the amazing performance - Black Ops runs like a toaster.

So, I went looking on eBay.com and found a graphics card that looks good.It is a nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 by gigabyte for $200.

Good value? Or am I getting ripped off?

you should be able to get a 1060 or rx480 for around $200 so yeah that's a rip off.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

3 minutes ago, Slayer1982 said:

Hello, everyone! It has been a while, and during this time I have bought a good PC without a graphics card. Now, I bought Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and despite the amazing performance - Black Ops runs like a toaster.

So, I went looking on eBay.com and found a graphics card that looks good.It is a nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 by gigabyte for $200.

Good value? Or am I getting ripped off?

thats about double the price of amazon listings... 

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

3 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Woah, definitely ripped off. Where are you located, you can get a 480 (significantly faster) brand new from Gigabyte for $179USD.. 

3 minutes ago, Alesek said:

thats about double the price of amazon listings... 

Thanks for the replies guys. This helps heaps because i am trying to get more bang for my buck. 

5 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

you should be able to get a 1060 or rx480 for around $200 so yeah that's a rip off.

Whoops forgot you too son.

Wow just over $100 for the one i want!!! Thank you all so much!

2 minutes ago, Slayer1982 said:

Wow just over $100 for the one i want!!! Thank you all so much!

Oh, that's in USD - since you're in Australia prices are different - https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/9jCrxr/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1050-2gb-oc-low-profile-video-card-gv-n1050oc-2gl

Cheapest 1050 standard. $159

idk

Eh its fine. my budget is $200 so if anyone finds a 1080 for like $5 let me know

I'd  definitely try RX 480 or 1060 if you can afford it. They have better bang/buck and will definitely last longer with better performance

Edited by Froody129
Fixed autocorrect autowronging

That's an F in the profile pic

Just now, Froody129 said:

USB definitely try RX 480 or 1060 if you can afford it. They have better bang/buck and will definitely last longer with better performance

I will look out for these kind of cards. Right now i am looking, and hopefully before the end of may i will have one selected and ordered.