Earpods for my mum

James_AJ

Hi.

So my mom wants me to buy her Apple earpods (the old one) because they cost ~$3 per each on ebay and her argument is that "it's fine for what I do" and that she needs a lot of them since they break no matter how high quality earpods she buys.

She tried the newer earpods and didn't like 'em, and I am seriously worried about her ears as she's using those every day and I'm worried that those might impair her hearing.

So I need some earpods, ~$20 max, that's relatively good sounding, sturdy, and doesn't hurt ears.

She uses them almost everywhere as she's a podcast fanatic.

Any suggestions?

If you look for higher impedance units as it will reduce the overall volume level and help reduce damage to her ears.   However she may also just refuse to use them if they are not loud enough.  I had this problem with the missus, I gave her some 32ohm earbuds and she swapped them for the 16ohm iphone buds claiming they sounded better (they were just louder). 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Dude, just get her the cheap earpods. It'll make little difference for podcasts, and she's just as likely to damage her hearing with more expensive earbuds.

Dude, just get her the cheap earpods. It'll make little difference for podcasts, and she's just as likely to damage her hearing with more expensive earbuds.

ye , just get like 100 apple earphones for like 10dollar from china.