Pink and green horizontal lines on laptop screen

AJD
Go to solution Solved by Absruless,
48 minutes ago, AJD said:

This morning i was updating my laptop graphics card and i took my eye of my laptop for a while and out of no where there and pink/green lines going crazy on the lower half of my laptop screen. Is there any fix for this? if any morre info needed i can post

IMG_20170412_082754.jpg

happened to my laptop once, exactly like that. was just a slightly loose connection of the wires of the monitor. 

I gently pressed the left and right sides (the borders in black) and it went away. 

I am positive its not a screen damage, just a loose connection. If you know how to open the shell and look at the connection you can do it, or get it done by an expert if you are not confident. 

This morning i was updating my laptop graphics card and i took my eye of my laptop for a while and out of no where there and pink/green lines going crazy on the lower half of my laptop screen. Is there any fix for this? if any morre info needed i can post

IMG_20170412_082754.jpg

3 minutes ago, AJD said:

IMG_20170412_082754.jpg

My guess is drivers, or the screen is damaged.

i like trains 🙂

Firstly, test it in Safe Mode. While holding the Shift key, press restart. It will take you into the recovery menu. From there, you can pick an option which will take you to a menu next time you reboot from which you can pick Safe Mode. If the lines are still there, I would check your LCD cable. If that still doesn't help, it could potentially be the LCD screen although I can't see why it would happen from installing drivers.

It was good all morning but jjust coincidentally appeared while my display driver was updating

Just now, AJD said:

It was good all morning but jjust coincidentally appeared while my display driver was updating

Just try testing it in Safe Mode. 

1 minute ago, AJD said:

if this happened while you're updating the drivers, chances are that the drivers are corrupted

try getting the latest driver from your gpu manufacturer's website (nvidia, amd or intel) and re-install it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

15 minutes ago, SenioRR said:

Just try testing it in Safe Mode. 

Tried, unfortunately windows crashes while trying to get to safe mode, but the flickering on screen has eased up a bit from restarting

48 minutes ago, AJD said:

IMG_20170412_082754.jpg

happened to my laptop once, exactly like that. was just a slightly loose connection of the wires of the monitor. 

I gently pressed the left and right sides (the borders in black) and it went away. 

I am positive its not a screen damage, just a loose connection. If you know how to open the shell and look at the connection you can do it, or get it done by an expert if you are not confident. 

Edited by Absruless
Additional Information.

15 minutes ago, Absruless said:

oh ok ill try that

1 hour ago, Absruless said:

oh ok ill try that

I twisted it using the both sides and it fixed it, hope this doesn't happen again tho

Thanks everyone for your help

• 1 year later...

Wow im so glad i read through this comments..apparently i also fixed mine by gently pressing the (black)borders of my monitor. I had the thin strip green horizontal line runnin across

• 2 years later...

Weird enough this got fixed when I turned on the night light (I have an Acer swift 3). I thought night light filters the pink and green light and somehow make them unnoticeable. But that turned out be not the case. Even after turning off the night light, the fix remains intact until I restart the laptop.