LTT Videos [Basically a Rant]

TubsAlwaysWins

Just a silly little video in response to the (in our opinion) overblown reaction to a new colour iPhone from Apple.

We tied it into the testicular cancer research bit because we were talking about it over here and we were like "well dammit! Why do they get a RED iPhone when I can't have a BLUE one??" and it kinda snowballed from there..

We didn't do a serious guide because we didn't think anyone would actually care about that.

I've seen some requests though, so it's actually possible that we'll revisit that in the future.

I think what people need to consider with this video is that painting your iPhone is not in any way shape or form a simple request. It's not something you can get done in a few hours. It's a long tedious and time consuming process.

Taking apart the phone is the easy part, and you have to do that without damaging it.

Then you need to paint the parts with painstaking precision, making sure that all of the size sensitive bits like button cut-outs, buttons, mic holes, jacks, grills, and so on don't get obstructed by the paint, possibly filing back the metal a tiny bit in order to get it right.

And then you finally get to put it back together, and pray you didn't mess something up or damage anything.

And then a week later just as you're sitting down to play with your nice new blue iPhone, it winds up peeling because you got the wrong paint.

Even their crazy builds like Luke's Fallout bomb computer would likely be easier and quicker than something like this, and I can't imagine that being either easy or quick itself.

9 hours ago, LinusTech said:

I've seen some requests though, so it's actually possible that we'll revisit that in the future.

On that note, how about electroplating an iPhone and turning it golden with actual gold :3

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, RezChi said:

I don't think the main point of that red iphone was trying to get the worlds first "blue iphone"... It was about testicular cancer awareness that's why they didn't try as hard to actually make a blue iphone.

that makes it so much worse. Oh this is to bring awareness to an illness that ruins lives so where just going to half arse it.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

There was another topic about this same type of complaint. But I don't get it.

LTT isn't completely a tech channel, but it never was. I think that comparing LTT to top Gear is a fair comparison. It's kinda informative, but mostly super entertaining. And the more popular they become, the more balls-to-the-wall content they can make through more valuable sponsorships and weirder review samples. I like their weird builds, stupid alternatives but eventual solutions and sarcastic sponsored build.

And just like the top Gear specials were, sometimes there's this magic video. like scrapyard Wars, Whole Room Watercooling and the like.

I think, in the end, you come away entertained and more informed.

Complaining about how tech is handled and how LTT approaches some subjects is completely moot, imo.

Desktop:

CPU: i7 6700K MOBO: Asus Z170-A CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition RAM: 16gb Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400Mhz 

SSD: 250Gb Samsung Evo 750 HDD: 2tb Seagate 7200Rpm GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armored OC PSU: Corsair CX600 PERIPHERALS: Corsair K70 Lux, Corsair Sabre RGB; LG 29UM69G-B 29" + iiyama Blackhawk B2 24", JBL E55BT, Samson Meteor Mic, Steelseries QCK XXL

Laptop: MSI GS60 Ghost Pro

On 4/9/2017 at 4:05 PM, Coaxialgamer said:

Still, I'm curious to see how high it'll go. 

Sorta dumb tho since its just trolls and the proceeds are supposed to go to the research for testicular cancer.

20 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Just a silly little video in response to the (in our opinion) overblown reaction to a new colour iPhone from Apple.

We tied it into the testicular cancer research bit because we were talking about it over here and we were like "well dammit! Why do they get a RED iPhone when I can't have a BLUE one??" and it kinda snowballed from there..

We didn't do a serious guide because we didn't think anyone would actually care about that.

Mr. Linus may I just say that you have 2666 posts... Literally I have seen several people with 666 in their posts, I have a screenshot of one lol