Strategy for selling GPU

Alesek

I am selling my gtx 1080 and i am wondering... should I mention in the ad that it was watercooled or better not? would you be more hesitant to buy a gpu which was previously watercooled (cooler was removed)?

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

If it came with the block then you should mention it, you should also mention it if you want to have a good seller's reputation, if you feel yo have Mr. Burns's dna in you then you should not mention it and say this is the elixir or ALL GPU life as we know it...yada yada......

you can also talk of any OCing potential.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Just now, Leonard said:

If it came with the block then you should mention it, you should also mention it if you want to have a good seller's reputation, if you feel yo have Mr. Burns's dna in you then you should not mention it and say this is the elixir or ALL GPU life as we know it...yada yada......

you can also talk of any OCing potential.

thats the thing. I can send it with the block or just put the original cooler on it so it doesnt matter. We all know that putting the block on it and later putting the original cooler back doesnt do anything bad to the card, but I am not sure if less knowledgeable people would know it too. I am afraid that if I write it there, they will think that the card decreased in value because of that and they will not want to buy it.

on the other hand, if i advertise it with the waterblock on it i might be lucky and someone, who is looking to buy a new gpu and watercool it, will see it 

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

Put the original cooler back on, and just say it has the potential to be water-cooled, then include the block with it.

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

1 minute ago, Epic_Nex said:

Put the original cooler back on, and just say it has the potential to be water-cooled, then include the block with it.

Agreed. A lot of folks steer clear from water cooling gear and the folks into water cooling will be very comfortable putting the water cooling block back on themselves.

29 minutes ago, Alesek said:

I am selling my gtx 1080 and i am wondering... should I mention in the ad that it was watercooled or better not? would you be more hesitant to buy a gpu which was previously watercooled (cooler was removed)?

Stick the stock cooler back on and don't even mention if it was watercooled, just state the reason you're selling and sell the waterblock seperately.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

***RARE*** @@@MUST SEE@@@ ###LIKE NEW### 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

4 minutes ago, Epic_Nex said:

1 minute ago, Chaoix said:

Agreed. A lot of folks steer clear from water cooling gear and the folks into water cooling will be very comfortable putting the water cooling block back on themselves.

That's the plan. I just dont know if I should mention the woterblock in the ad or just make a separate ad for it. because if I mention it in there, they will know it was watercooled

1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

If I may, why are selling what is basically a brand new GPU? 

because I am an idiot... but also I will get the 1080ti

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

2 minutes ago, Alesek said:

That's the plan. I just dont know if I should mention the woterblock in the ad or just make a separate ad for it. because if I mention it in there, they will know it was watercooled

because I am an idiot... but also I will get the 1080ti

I mean, not exactly, they could think the block came with some combo you bought. Plus I think a lot of people would like the idea that they could potentially water-cool it if they wanted.

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

1 minute ago, Epic_Nex said:

I mean, not exactly, they could think the block came with some combo you bought

fair enough. ive never seen a combo like that though :D 

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

If I was the buyer I would have wanted to know in the ad that the card has been tampered with. Sure you are likely competent enough to take it apart without damaging it, but I don't know that, nor would I pay the same price for a card that has been taken apart over a card that hasn't.