Why is the AM3+ Motherboard Selection so Small?

I am looking through all the AM3+ mobos, and I notice the selection is so small, and the Socket isn't even dead. Why is this? And will there ever be any more new AM3+ motherboards?

AM3+ socket, from what we've heard, is completely dead (basically). All those motherboards that you see are the last ones; the small selection is because of how old the socket is and because of AM3+'s success (it did good, but people pay more attention to Intel).

Where are you looking? There are quite a few AM3+ boards out there..

I'm mainly looking on Newegg and Amazon, and both sites only seem to carry a number of ATX AM3+ motherboards.

I'm mainly looking on Newegg and Amazon, and both sites only seem to carry a number of ATX AM3+ motherboards.

That's because only x(9/7)x (i.e. 770, 890x, 970, 990FX) are the only boards that come in ATX, all other chipsets are mATX

Error: 410

I was thinking the same thing but it is quite an old socket but it still rocks!

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Yup looks like AM3+ will be replaced with FM2+ Steamroller/Excavator will be hitting the FM2+ boards instead of AM3+ boards.

Source:

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/cpu/am3-officially-dead/147758

I still like my AM3+ board but I can't wait to see what FM2+ has in store.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

AM3+ boards are from 2011, most have been discontinued

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

It isn't very likely that new AM3+ motherboards will be released

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

AM3+ socket, from what we've heard, is completely dead (basically). All those motherboards that you see are the last ones; the small selection is because of how old the socket is and because of AM3+'s success (it did good, but people pay more attention to Intel).

you have no idea whqt your talkig about so please just stop am3+ is no where near dead infact price to performace ratio amd beats intel atm and people recently have been realizing it so please no just no

You should probably post a question about what board is right for you.Like:the the connectors you need on the board or the size of board etc

you have no idea whqt your talkig about so please just stop am3+ is no where near dead infact price to performace ratio amd beats intel atm and people recently have been realizing it so please no just no

Just because price to performance beats intel has nothing to do with the fact that the AM3+ boards are dead, unless AMD has other plans to release a new CPU on AM3+ this socket is in fact dead.  

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

What are you smoking, for everything that anybody has read, AMD has no new plans to release anything on AM3+ (this means it is essentially dead).

AM3+ Socket motherboards are done for, moving  to FM2 and FM2+ to expand the AMD Line, the CPU's wont die,  but maybe have versions of them made into FM2 socket area. They do have better price to performance but that's not what this is about.

AM3+ Socket motherboards are done for, moving to FM2 and FM2+ to expand the AMD Line, the CPU's wont die, but maybe have versions of them made into FM2 socket area. They do have better price to performance but that's not what this is about.

i was saying the price to performance thing becuaee he said that noone cares about amd only intel

they all got burned when the fx 9590 came out.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

they all got burned when the fx 9590 came out.

LOL, gave me a good laugh

They aren't that many because AM3+ is dead from all we know. AMD has no plans to release any CPUs in 2014.

They only plan to release CPUs for FM3+

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)