Remove Microsoft Family Safety?

RadiatingLight

So long story short, I visited my friend, and added my account onto his Xbox One. I might have added it wrong, or something like that, but it basically added me to his Microsoft family, which has very stringent restrictions on content.

I've since removed myself from his family, but my laptop seems to have not gotten the memo. I can't open any programs which aren't Microsoft approved. (Which hilariously means that I can't use Google Chrome, but I CAN use Microsoft Edge)

So, short of a complete re-install of windows, what can I do to remove these restrictions?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

You should be able to change those settings in the windows 10 profile settings. Did it make a local account or something. I know I've had issues with windows accounts.

1 hour ago, Kd4lif3 said:

You should be able to change those settings in the windows 10 profile settings. Did it make a local account or something. I know I've had issues with windows accounts.

My account is signed into my Microsoft Account on my laptop.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

try refreshing your pc

mother nature dictates that if you develop a custom kernel for the snes, it gets worked up, steam comes out the cartridge port, then it kills itself

6 minutes ago, techman980 said:

try refreshing your pc

That's exactly what I didn't want to do...

welp. fresh-install it is then.

Desktop:

Laptop:

your friend must visit microsoft webpage and remove you from their family tab

sorry you will not be able do yourself

2 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

your friend must visit microsoft webpage and remove you from their family tab

sorry you will not be able do yourself

well, I had a button that said something like "remove yourself from this family" and now when I look, I'm not in the family anymore, and when he looks, he sees me as out of the family, but my laptop hasn't got the memo.

it's not a problem with the family, as the restrictions went away instantly on my desktop when I left the family.

Desktop:

Laptop:

16 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

well, I had a button that said something like "remove yourself from this family" and now when I look, I'm not in the family anymore, and when he looks, he sees me as out of the family, but my laptop hasn't got the memo.

it's not a problem with the family, as the restrictions went away instantly on my desktop when I left the family.

Ask Microsoft. It sounds like a glitch or something to me. Contact them on the website or look for something on their FAQ. 

18 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

That's exactly what I didn't want to do...

welp. fresh-install it is then.

no, a refresh dosn't wipe your device, all your files are safe

mother nature dictates that if you develop a custom kernel for the snes, it gets worked up, steam comes out the cartridge port, then it kills itself