https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JdGrhq

I wanna see if it has any problems like:

compatibility, bottle neck and some other

stuff like that.

Also I wanna ask what is it capable of and if 

it would last for 5 or 6 years.

1 minute ago, Dimitry_3 said:

it would last for 5 or 6 years.

If you want to lower your games settings, yes.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, Dimitry_3 said:

Why not upgrade to a Ryzen 5 1600 (non X)? It has 6 cores and it is not much more expensive...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

7 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Why not upgrade to a Ryzen 5 1600 (non X)? It has 6 cores and it is not much more expensive...

R5 1500X is the only with a stock cooler afaik 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

Only the 1600X is supplied without a cooler.

Makes sense to me. If you buy a 1600X, you are probably going to overclock, so a stock cooler would be useless

i was 100% expecting this to be another one of those stupid "oh look if you have 50k you can get two 22 core  Xeons and quad SLI 1080s hur dur"

anyway this is a pretty decent build, should do you good for 1080p

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Makes sense to me. If you buy a 1600X, you are probably going to overclock, so a stock cooler would be useless

Well they supply the RGB version of the spire with the 1700 and im pretty sure they anticipated us overclocking the 1700s :P I think its more to do with the 1600X has a higher factory clock and therefore a higher stock voltage and will run hotter at stock. So they force you to buy a cooler to be safe.

EDIT: Obviously I can't speak for the stealth only the spire

1 minute ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Is the Wraith cooler even good?

3 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Is the Wraith cooler even good? Chances are it's a cooler that just gets the job done. A aftermarket cooler is a good purchase, a Hyperevo 212 would probably perform better.

Actually it performs about the same as budget air cooler like the 212 evo. Great cooler considering it was "free" I used mine while awaiting a bracket and got an 800MHz overclock with it so not bad.

EDIT: I found it to be comfortable cooling up to 1.3V vcore

I think its more to do with the 1600X has a higher factory clock and therefore a higher stock voltage and will run hotter at stock. So they force you to buy a cooler to be safe.

Probably... After all, the 1700 is (theoretically) a 65W TDP CPU and the 1600X is a 95W TDP

4 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

That's awesome with a stock cooler. 

The funniest part is my friend bought an 1800X at the same time but couldnt use it for weeks because it came with no cooler (also awaiting bracket).

Also my 1700 being clocked above his 1800X also bothers him :P 

EDIT: Because he doesn't like to oc and hasn't done it before not because his chip sucks

EDIT: Because he doesn't like to oc and hasn't done it before not because his chip sucks

xD 1700 + OC = value

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Not surprised that the 1700 clocks just as high/higher :D

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Not surprised that the 1700 clocks just as high/higher :D

Not seen this particular video but i did a lot of research before buying so yeah i know the ins and outs of the R7. Its a case of good guy AMD making all ryzen cpus unlocked. Intel i7s are binned and clocked in the same way, however by only unlocking the k series they don't compete with each other. So good for me/consumers but probably not so good for sales - unless they react by heavily binning but that would be a douche move when you are trying to gain market share again...

EDIT: To be honest I can see places for the 1700 and the 1800X but the 1700X baffles me:

1700 is price to performance and a gem for the overclockers

1800X is factory clocked at guranteed speeds for a novice fit and forget scenario (like my friend)

But the 1700X seems to have no place :P

Just now, tom_w141 said:

gain market share again...

I think they just want to move units as much as possible.  Plus, making only one chip must be less expensive than having a different architecture for each chip like intel does :/

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I think they just want to move units as much as possible.  Plus, making only one chip must be less expensive than having a different architecture for each chip like intel does :/

Intel is the same. All kabylakes start with the potential to be 7700ks then they are core disabled/flashed and hyperthreading disabled/enabled. The difference is the intel's are locked apart from the K series.

For example if X meant unlocked then suddenly it'd be a different story

9 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Intel is the same. All kabylakes start with the potential to be 7700ks then they are core disabled/flashed and hyperthreading disabled/enabled. The difference is the intel's are locked apart from the K series.

Huh.  That sucks.  Hopefully Intel gimping their chips ends with RYZEN

8 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Huh.  That sucks.  Hopefully Intel gimping their chips ends with RYZEN

Ryzen is sort of similar R7s R5s and R3s all start as 8 core R7s then cores are disabled to make the lower tiers.

The best thing about ryzen is they are all unlocked.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Ryzen is sort of similar R7s R5s and R3s all start as 8 core R7s then cores are disabled to make the lower tiers.

My  understanding was that R5 and R3 are chips with dead cores that are then trimmed to an even number.  For example a 1600 would have one dead core initially and the it would have one core de-activated for a total of six cores.  Forget where I heard it, maybe wan show or epic tech?  Not sure...