The Official PS4 Owners Thread

DLM_012

To be be perfectly honest the graphics look between high and ultra minus some particle effects, it takes a good monitor to really see how good games look. My GTX 670 doesn't seem to mighty anymore

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

The PS4 was a BIG step backwards for me in the graphics department when compared to my home computer.   I would say BF4 on PS4 looks more like medium settings ... and that's giving it some.   Now we are talking launch games ... which aren't really considered the best a system has to offer.  Perhaps after a year or so I could see not upgrading the pc any longer as the PS4 is able to offer a similar experience to what im accustom too currently,  and im pretty happy with how I experience my games right now.   

Still loving being an owner,  very few can even find a PS4 now ... the local craigslisters want between $600-$1500 for a local PS4  LOL.  

For $1500 I would sell mine and include a handjob

Well done lol.   ummm..... is that light beeer?  ( puts hands in pockets, lowers head and slowly turns and walks away) Kidding

I didn't understand the unlock system for COD and now im stuck with a bunch or worthless upgrades.   I have a knife runner with slight of hand :o   WTF right.   Too bad there wasn't a one time reset for stupid people like myself.

Well done lol.   ummm..... is that light beeer?  ( puts hands in pockets, lowers head and slowly turns and walks away) Kidding

I didn't understand the unlock system for COD and now im stuck with a bunch or worthless upgrades.   I have a knife runner with slight of hand :o   WTF right.   Too bad there wasn't a one time reset for stupid people like myself.

Yeah, took a while for me to realize the full aspects of the leveling system. overall, it's pretty good considering i won't be using everything, so I'll only purchase and upgrade the things I want with some points left over.

I was at best buy yesterday and they were telling customers that with an update the ps4 will game in 4k. I couldnt stop laughing. There was nothing I could say to them to convince them otherwise.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/3D_Technology_and_4K_Resolution

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Here's pics of mine. I picked it up at midnight. My friend that was supposed to go with me canceled which kinda sucked so I didn't have as much fun at the midnight launch.  Everyone there smelled like weed lol. After getting my PS4 I sped home to get everything hooked up only to find that PSN was having problems T_T. Another one of my friends came over and we just watched Pain and Gain and went to sleep at around 3AM. I didn't have the fortitude to stay up any longer lol

6tjuxz.jpg

All things considered, it was really awesome and I love the console. I've tried remote play with my Vita but for some reason the latency and connection was bad even with my 60Mbps internet connection. I'll try a wired connection for my PS4 and see if that helps any.

Whoever bought their PS4 I hope they're enjoying it as much as I am. I cannot wait for the new Infamous game and the Order next year

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

*not getting it*

maybe in 3 years when everything is cheap because of world war

I was at best buy yesterday and they were telling customers that with an update the ps4 will game in 4k. I couldnt stop laughing. There was nothing I could say to them to convince them otherwise.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/3D_Technology_and_4K_Resolution

BB employees never know what they're talking about. I've only had two positive experiences with BB employees. I had a lengthy conversation with one about games one time and the other I saw multiple times when I went to buy my TV, my mount, and misc things.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

To be be perfectly honest the graphics look between high and ultra minus some particle effects, it takes a good monitor to really see how good games look. My GTX 670 doesn't seem to mighty anymore

I'd say it runs on high. I know for sure that the textures aren't ultra quality. I'm not saying that the games look like trash but they also aren't mind-numbing either.

I was a PS4 owner for like most of 3 days but eh never opened the box and glad I bought mine at SDM cuz I came out ahead $209+ on getting rid of it.  $69 cash and $140+ on SDM pts.  

When I gave the system to the people buying I did say out loud that I was sad to let it go but money was a strong priority this time.

Still hey I can go to GameStop/EB Games when I want to and play the demo games there when I feel like playing some PS4. :)

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I'm actually thinking about getting a PS4 just for the exclusives. I'm a huge fan of the Uncharted series and the Ratchet and Clank series.  Also, when a Zelda game for Wii U comes out, it will be very hard not to buy one of those...

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

Only reason I'm getting one is because the majority of my friends have consoles and not pcs. But im still waiting for Sony to fix all their hardware issues and for a few more games I'm waiting for.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

*Crawls aways undetected*

Mind if I follow you?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

• 2 weeks later...

Im seriously considering getting an Xbox One eventually. Mainly just for Destiny and any new Halos that come along. 

There's Destiny in PS4 too, you know that right? (no hate)

Plus, we get early beta + exclusive content

+anything by Naughty Dog and Project Aces