The Official PS4 Owners Thread

DLM_012

Thread title ^^

It'll be launching tonight at midnight here in the states. In less than an hour, I'm going to my local gamestop to confirm my pre-order for pickup later tonight. I'm so excited! This will be my first midnight launch ever.

I (along with those of you posting) would like to see the thread updated with pics and everyones' impressions of the hardware and software when they get their hands on it.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

*Crawls aways undetected*

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

I'm buying an Xbox One 

(please don't assassinate me) 

But I do have a question, now that Sony "may monitor and record all PSN activity", what do PS4 buyers think of it? (not trying to undermine your purchase or anything)

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Im seriously considering getting an Xbox One eventually. Mainly just for Destiny and any new Halos that come along. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

605px-Fuck-yeah-gtfo_meme.png

PC elitist I assume? For the record I do have a gaming PC and play PC games. I prefer to experience all platforms.

I'm buying an Xbox One 

But I do have a question, now that Sony "may monitor and record all PSN activity", what do PS4 buyers think of it? (not trying to undermine your purchase or anything)

Lol what you buy is your business man. I'll eventually buy an X1 but the launch lineup wasn't doing it for me. I'll buy one sometime in 2014 depending on what is released.

And if Sony wants to record my gameplay behavior (not actually me physically because I won't be buying the camera) then that's totally fine haha. How is that data even remotely useful anyways?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

PC elitist I assume? For the record I do have a gaming PC and play PC games. I prefer to experience all platforms.

Lol what you buy is your business man. I'll eventually buy an X1 but the launch lineup wasn't doing it for me. I'll buy one sometime in 2014 depending on what is released.

And if Sony wants to record my gameplay behavior (not actually me physically because I won't be buying the camera) then that's totally fine haha. How is that data even remotely useful anyways?

Voice and text chat as well. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

not buying either. why buy?

I personally love the exclusives but if they don't appeal to you then I totally understand. If there were no "exclusive" titles you can believe I would be gaming on PC only. I wouldn't have to wait in line to buy a piece of proprietary hardware for starters... Not like I'm complaining too much about it but if these games were on PC all I'd have to do is pre-purchase and pre-load it.

I'm buying an Xbox One 

nsa is watching everything anyway. why cant sony? xD

just dont typekeywords like. i ahte america. or "when are we planning to assassinate the president" and they wont care

Voice and text chat as well. 

Hmm... That is invasive. Idk how I really feel about it. Not that it's necessarily acceptable but everything nowadays records our every move. On the other hand, when that data isn't collected anonymously and used to identify people then we have a serious problem on our hands. 

Hmm... That is invasive. Idk how I really feel about it. Not that it's necessarily acceptable but everything nowadays records our every move. On the other hand, when that data isn't collected anonymously and used to identify people then we have a serious problem on our hands. 

Yeah pretty much. It's not anonymous and that is a problem. 

Bottom line tho is that pretty much 99% of people are nobodies and I don't think anyone cares so we will most  likely be ok! 

Yeah pretty much. It's not anonymous and that is a problem. 

Bottom line tho is that pretty much 99% of people are nobodies and I don't think anyone cares so we will most  likely be ok! 

Wow I didn't know that. Still buying it and playing online lol. We all sign our lives away every time we "read" those privacy agreements anyways. 

Wow I didn't know that. Still buying it and playing online lol. We all sign our lives away every time we "read" those privacy agreements anyways. 

For all we know when we signed up for Steam we just sold our souls. Who even reads that shit anyways? 

I'm doing the same as you with both consoles but I'm buying the Xbox One first. The exclusives were the thing that got me to buy it over the PS4,  but that is not saying that I don't like PS4 exclusives

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Both playstation and xbox have long held that they can monitor your activity in the TOS

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I don't care about monitoring, they can monitor me playing MGS: Ground Zeroes, and then again for MGS V I truly don't care if the whole world wants to watch me as long as they are quiet lol.

Picked up mine at midnight, have to say the graphics in Killzone look really good, I have only done single player so far though, going to tryout BF4 later.

It didnt look all that good on a TV but on my IPS monitor it looked great.

Netflix and the web felt really fast on it, Ill test more later.

One feature I really like is the ability to plug any old headphones into your controller and use that as your main audio source and you can adjust volume on it too. Really nice for late night gaming.

Pressing down R3 when using the controller and using motion to type things in the keyboard works quite well, definitely a major improvement over just using the D-pad. Will try my wireless keyboard and mouse on it later.

The controller feels really good in the hand and its very grippy. Triggers feel good and thumbs stay on the joysticks much easier, significant improvement over the PS3 controller and better than the Xbox controller.

The console itself is very quiet and looks quite good.

The included headset is terrible, feels worse in the ear than the old iPod ear buds but your can use any old pair of head phones or head phones with a mic and they will work just fine.

Now just make drivers to use all the functionality of the controller on a PC and Ill be very happy.

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Although i happy for them to release as we are not gonna be as held back in graphical fidelity as we previously were with prev. gen consoles (Looking out for better pc ports), Im not gonna buy one just for that couple of exclusions (watching a walktrough should be just fine..) One does not simply buy 900€ of consoles for 5 games....

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Im waiting till its 300-200€ I have to save up my Money for Watchdogs,The Division,Battlefield 4 Premium,Plants vs Zombie Garden Warfare,Titanfall, and a GTX880/870.
There is way to much stuff coming out Q1/Q2 next Year Q_Q

RTX2070OC 

Picked mine up today. I really like how small it is. Not to impressed with the launch games but not regretting my purchase.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

Gots mine yesterday.  It kind of sucks as most the features we have come to expect are GONE.  Stripped away and perhaps included in future patches ... some day.   That said it does play games well,  smooth and more than enough graphical power to please 90% of the world.  The remaining 10% (master race) will look down their noses at it,  like an infected.

The wife never outright killed me when I walked through the door with it,  I will take that as a good omen of things to come on the ps4

I bought the controller , does that count ?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Im seriously considering getting an Xbox One eventually. Mainly just for Destiny and any new Halos that come along. 

if i got an xbone, it would be for new forza's. i just really like that game. i only use my x360 for forza 3. i feel like there is no decent driving game like forza for pc

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans