Need Recommendations/New Case/CPUCooler/CaseFans

Hi all,

The build that I would like the upgrade to it THIS all the things marked purchased I already have but the wishlist of Parts is HERE.

Any Recommendations would be much appreciated thanks.

Also any changes to my build overall that you think might be necessary

Edited by Farken_OJ

What do you want from a case? I love the Define S personally.

Cooler? Is that one not doing the job? Or just aesthetics? Do you want an AIO Water cooler? Or air cooling?

Fans? Silent Wings 3.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

That CPU's pretty old, especially because it's not unlocked so you can't overclock.

it's still good enough, but understand that in a few years, with your next GPU upgrade, you might want to upgrade the CPU as well.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What do you want from a case? I love the Define S personally.

Cooler? Is that one not doing the job? Or just aesthetics? Do you want an AIO Water cooler? Or air cooling?

Fans? Silent Wings 3.

I literally have the default cooler from asus that came with the motherboard. That's the one I'm wanting to upgrade to. If you look at my wishlist then you can see the components i'm considering to buy.

4 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

That CPU's pretty old, especially because it's not unlocked so you can't overclock.

it's still good enough, but understand that in a few years, with your next GPU upgrade, you might want to upgrade the CPU as well.

Yeah I looked up upgrading but all the forms basically said their was no point and its still good enough for most games that I want to play.

Aftermarket cooler not really needed for locked CPUs.

I'll suggest you to go for CPU upgrade.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

As mentioned prior, there is no real point to getting an aftermarket cooler for locked CPU's, your basically wasting money, since a stock intel cooler will do a good job. 

Since your rig is an older 1, I'd maybe start saving up to upgrade cpu,mobo, ram to something more modern instead of wasting money on a cpu cooler (unless your factoring in reusing the cooler for a new rig)

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

10 hours ago, Drake10114 said:

As mentioned prior, there is no real point to getting an aftermarket cooler for locked CPU's, your basically wasting money, since a stock intel cooler will do a good job. 

Since your rig is an older 1, I'd maybe start saving up to upgrade cpu,mobo, ram to something more modern instead of wasting money on a cpu cooler (unless your factoring in reusing the cooler for a new rig)

I've done research into upgrading my CPU but it's still currently a high end one and I haven't experienced any problems playing games on max. I'm trying to upgrade the cooling for my current cpu as it's temperatures are much too high. But yes I would be moving all components that I can over when I upgrade the CPU and motherboard.

12 hours ago, Farken_OJ said:

I've done research into upgrading my CPU but it's still currently a high end one and I haven't experienced any problems playing games on max. I'm trying to upgrade the cooling for my current cpu as it's temperatures are much too high. But yes I would be moving all components that I can over when I upgrade the CPU and motherboard.

5 generations behind isn't really "high end" anymore, but it is an i7, which I think is what you meant.

It's wierd your stock cooler can't keep up, did you check and make sure you don't have massive amounts of dust or airflow blockages within the case/around the case?

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

On 06/04/2017 at 0:57 AM, Drake10114 said:

5 generations behind isn't really "high end" anymore, but it is an i7, which I think is what you meant.

It's wierd your stock cooler can't keep up, did you check and make sure you don't have massive amounts of dust or airflow blockages within the case/around the case?

By high end I mean for the time it as made, but that does mean it cant still keep up. My current case also only has one fan that was down the front bottom and my computer is also under my desk. Making this change ill increase cooling and place the pc on top of my desk.