Interview cloths

Matsy

Have a interview tomorrow for a retail position and have a little question about what to wear

I had a interview like 2 days ago so my white shirt is still in the laundry so I can't wear that. 

I normally wear a navy suit with a white shirt and navy tie with light blue stripes.

I only have a light blue shirt and a navy shirt spare, the navy will look kinda silly, so light blue it is I guess.

What color tie should I wear with a Navy suit + light blue shirt?

I have a solid navy tie (not as dark as the suit)

I have a pattern dark red tie (dark burgundy)

I have a light blue tie with blue stripes

I have a dark navy tie with light blue stripes

Any suggestions would be good :)

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Does it matter? :D

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

the solid navy tie/ but i dont like stripes or off-colours.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I think the red tie would look the best. I find that having too much of the same colour looks odd (navy/blue in your case). Try not to worry about it too much though.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Lighter colours make you seem nicer.

Ooor.. You could go with complete hard gay cosplay ;)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Navy suit... that's bit too much IMO lol, just wear something clean

Gotten into the habit of wearing a suit for any interviews...seems better.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

maybe a poloshirt and nice jeans? this will make you look nice and open...and a suit might be trying too hard if you aren't becoming the exec of a big company or lawyer or something along those lines :) 

^

this is what we learned in school

Navy suit... that's bit too much IMO lol, just wear something clean

You obviously lack broness my friend.

navy-suit-with-brown-tie.jpg

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Dunno about you guys, but I find a suit neccacary for all interviews unless its a construction job or something

You have just one suit? And just three shirts? Get more.

Give me money and I will :c

For a retail position.. A suit is a bit overkill for that to be honest, and that will have a negative influence. Definitely go with something like a poloshirt and some nice jeans. Just look generally well groomed and open. :)

nice polo shirt ... colour depends on your hair and skin an denum shorts or jeans depends how hot it is

also depends what type of shop your applying for .... if its high class sure a suit would be right but if its for a music shop you would want a band shirt and maybe some jeans

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Dunno about you guys, but I find a suit neccacary for all interviews unless its a construction job or something

Give me money and I will :c

also dont give them the impression your going to wear a suit all the time .... it gets old and laundry cost heaps

Its all about those volumetric clouds

You have just one suit? And just three shirts? Get more.

i dont even have a tie to wear 

let alone a suit

go in every day clothes... 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Have a interview tomorrow for a retail position and have a little question about what to wear

I had a interview like 2 days ago so my white shirt is still in the laundry so I can't wear that. 

I normally wear a navy suit with a white shirt and navy tie with light blue stripes.

I only have a light blue shirt and a navy shirt spare, the navy will look kinda silly, so light blue it is I guess.

What color tie should I wear with a Navy suit + light blue shirt?

I have a solid navy tie (not as dark as the suit)

I have a pattern dark red tie (dark burgundy)

I have a light blue tie with blue stripes

I have a dark navy tie with light blue stripes

Any suggestions would be good :)

follow this topic since it will be importanté to you

wear the dark tie to contrast with your shirt

this is what we learned in school

When i got out of school I found nothing helped in the real life... except Maths

Suit and Tie (closest matching colour) will show you are committed, they will always pick someone who wants (and i mean really wants) to be there with the potential rather than someone with experience that doesn't.

If you go in and feel over dressed as you walk in "sorry if i overdressed this seemed appropriate" works a treat.

If you go in and feel over dressed as you walk in "sorry if i overdressed this seemed appropriate" works a treat.

Well that or you could just dress appropriately to begin with. Being overdressed does have a negative influence on an interview, there is absolutely no doubt about it.

Well that or you could just dress appropriately to begin with. Being overdressed does have a negative influence on an interview, there is absolutely no doubt about it.

True

Should of said this before.

The line is a good defuser, I've been the only one in a suit and tie and from there answer you can usually tell what type of interview its going to be.

You might as well go (IMHO) the best you can be and I never see a suit and tie as over dressed for ann interview.

Anyway goodluck.

Assless chaps?  

But in all seriousness, I would say a polo shirt and a pair of kakis.  Especially if you see the other employees already wearing the same.

Does it matter? :D

Depending on the job, yup. That rule mostly applies to jobs higher up though in serious management positions (I'm not talking McDonalds or BK)

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

If I had to go for a job a McDonalds or BK, id still suit up. Employers want to see that but unfortunately they have to come down to earth were most of the people applying for those positions dont take the interview as seriously as they should. Keep in mind also that by taking the time and effort to prepare, they may see you fill other more desirable jobs within the franchise in the future, purely because of the fact you stood out from everyone else. All that aside, you have to be able to fill the role that the suit portrays too.

No I'd definitely still wear a suit to even a fast food interview. I'm talking about being hired for a corporate management position you might want to be very particular about what color suit, tie, and dress shirt you wear because apparently things like those matter. A HR person confirmed that for me

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Dont listen to the morons who tell you not to wear a suit. A suit tells your prospective employer all about you, so its fundamental to any workplace application and interview. I like the idea of a red tie with navy suit, work well together. One thing to not forget is clean shoes, with shine if you have them. Suits embody confidence, authority and responsibility which is something you want to portray. Good luck.

I can see your point and was only commenting based on my experiences.  I have only had one job in retail and that was through a friend.  Aside from that, I have had a couple of menial labor jobs.  One was at a company where we scanned paper blueprints to create a searchable digital database.  I showed up for that interview wearing a suit and the guy told me he better not see me dressed like that again.  He was an asshole and I eventually quit because I couldn't stand him.  I guess my point is that there will be circumstances in which a suit is just overdressing.  Although, you could also argue that I still got the job.  So who knows.  I would still go Polo Shirt and Kakis, especially if that is what the other employees wear.

Also, was the use of the word moron really necessary?  

I think the red tie would look the best. I find that having too much of the same colour looks odd (navy/blue in your case). Try not to worry about it too much though.

Red tie? its not hitman dude haha