Help, path of exile unplayable gtx1080.

Howitz

So, I have that messed up issue when me and my friend both cast a spell at the same time(whispering ice) , my fps drops in the 1-2, things get completely unplayable and I lag behind big time, when things come back to normal, i'm either dead or my friend is already gone killing other mobs. (Sometimes it will just crash too)

He have a less powerful pc than me with a rx480 while I have a i7 6700k and gtx1080, and he don't experience the slighest fps drop.

I made sure the game was running off my gtx1080 and not integrated graphics. I have 24gb of 2600 corsair ram, (removed a stick because it was unstable). also I reinstalled drivers with ddu.

I tried lowering my graphics, no difference, and my friend runs everything maxed anyway.

My build

-i7 6700k

-Gtx1080

-corsair 2600 3x8gb

-game on ssd

Friend build

-i5 6600k

-rx480

-G.skill 3200 2x8gb

-Game on ssd too

I play on widescreen 1080p and he plays 16:9

Try changing from DX11 to DX9Ex, try enable or disable reverb(in sound section), try changing network mode in UI from lockstep to predictive.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

If its just this one game then driver issue?

Also remove that 3rd stick you should run RAM in pairs.

Yes it's only this game, tho I tried drivers with ddu to no avail, I'll remove another stick, see if that helps to have a 2x8gb

Just now, JuztBe said:

Try changing from DX11 to DX9Ex, try enable or disable reverb(in sound section), try changing network mode in UI from lockstep to predictive.

Ohh nice, lots of things I did'nt think about, thanks, will do.

1 hour ago, Howitz said:

Ohh nice, lots of things I did'nt think about, thanks, will do.

Stupid question but do you have the latest patch? The game used to be quite frame rate unstable on some systems a few patches back.

2 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Stupid question but do you have the latest patch? The game used to be quite frame rate unstable on some systems a few patches back.

Could I play online without the latest patch? I think you automatically need the latest patch to just play the game, was worth asking nonetheless :-D

• 1 month later...

If you notice the massive posts over different forums a lot is related to Dx11, where as the creators GGG made it in Dx9.  Best bet is to see if you can go down to Dx9e.