Can you play 1440p on a 4k Monitor?

Sencatsu
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

No such thing as 120Hz 4k yet.

The closest is 120/144Hz 1440p.

Was wondering if you can plays games at 1440p on a 4K monitor, if you descale games to that resolution.

Also, mind giving me some recommendation via links/ videos for a monitor that is 32", 120-144hz, 1-5 ms response time, 4K, and potential G-Sync? 

No such thing as 120Hz 4k yet.

The closest is 120/144Hz 1440p.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

That's not entirely true. Not really AVAILABLE yet, but the Asus and Acer 4K HDR moitors Linus previewed at CES are 4K Gsynch 144Hz I think, maybe 120Hz. They're supposed to be out in 2nd Quarter so by July if they're not delayed, waiting for one to upgrade from my 12 year old Dell 2407WFP-HC.

On 4/2/2017 at 0:38 AM, Peerless Girl said:

That's not entirely true. Not really AVAILABLE yet, but the Asus and Acer 4K HDR moitors Linus previewed at CES are 4K Gsynch 144Hz I think, maybe 120Hz. They're supposed to be out in 2nd Quarter so by July if they're not delayed, waiting for one to upgrade from my 12 year old Dell 2407WFP-HC.

No such thing (available to consumers) <----implied.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 2 weeks later...

You should be able to play games at a lower resolution if you change the graphics settings in game.  I have a 1440p monitor and I have "descaled" some games before, just screwing around.