KSP insane FPS drops

Dazzlock

Hey guys!

So I just downloaded Ksp on Steam and when I started playing I experienced extreme mouse lag. It only happens when I play Ksp and I have no clue why. I'm using a Logitech g502 proteus spectrum and my pc should without problems run KSP on maximum settings. I dont know if it has to do with Steam or with KSP or maybe something else.

Please help and have a nice day!

5 minutes ago, Dazzlock said:

my pc should without problems run KSP on maximum settings

specs? ;)

Just now, manikyath said:

specs? ;)

Msi r9 390

I5-4690k

8 GB RAM

Just now, Dazzlock said:

Msi r9 390

I5-4690k

8 GB RAM

that aint gonna run KSP on max settings, not by a long shot.

that aint gonna run KSP on max settings, not by a long shot.

Really?

Just now, Dazzlock said:

Really?

KSP's graphics settings "cover a very wide spectrum" so to say, and cranking everything to max... certainly with big crafts.. is gonna be hell, not to mention the physics calculations :P

flip KSP to minimal settings, if the lag is gone, you found your problem ;)

KSP's graphics settings "cover a very wide spectrum" so to say, and cranking everything to max... certainly with big crafts.. is gonna be hell, not to mention the physics calculations :P

flip KSP to minimal settings, if the lag is gone, you found your problem ;)

Okay so I started up fraps, turned all settings down to potato. And I can even run this on my laptop. Huuuge fps drops not mouse lag sorry bout that. Any fixes?

Just now, Dazzlock said:

Okay so I started up fraps, turned all settings down to potato. And I can even run this on my laptop. Huuuge fps drops not mouse lag sorry bout that. Any fixes?

Even in the settings menu btw.

The problem is that I'm experience FPS drops all the way from 75 FPS down to 8 FPS even in the menu. I changed all the settings to potato, now even my laptop can run this and I'm running a MSI R9 390, I5-4690k, 8GB RAM and 2560*1080 resolution.

Please help and have a nice day!

-Threads merged and cleaned-  Please keep threads on the same topic in a single thread.  Every comment puts it back at the top of the forum so no need to repost

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q