Mantle Demo, AMD CPU Performance.

MbV93

Keep in mind AMD is shifting driver support to the developers side. So the devs can optimize a lot better per game than AMD can.

That's another boost in performance.

In all reality it does look promising in the performance front.

I really hope you guys are right,  The thought of spending less than $400 on my next pc upgrade and getting performance that would usually cost me over a $1000 is exciting. Now I am wondering what the financial implications are going to be.  If people don't have to upgrade to get the performance they want from the next round of AAA titles.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I really hope you guys are right,  The thought of spending less than $400 on my next pc upgrade and getting performance that would usually cost me over a $1000 is exciting. Now I am wondering what the financial implications are going to be.  If people don't have to upgrade to get the performance they want from the next round of AAA titles.

I am making no predictions about performance, I am still waiting for actual numbers as is everyone else. Making decisions about a product before launch is foolish!

I am just stating what was said at the AMD APU 13 event.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Assuming the performance benchmarks they are talking about will translate to real world performance for us plebs, and assuming mantle will provide the same boost for an I7.

I don't want to sound like pessimist but this is how AMD and Nvidia etc hype up their market so I am not holding my breath.

However when I see real world figures, even if they are half as good, then I might start getting excited.

It's a low level API that's exactly what a low level API does.

It won't be any diffrent from what we have in consoles right now.(They can run games like Crysis on a GT7800 and 250mb ram just because of Low level acces)

Like I said now many times it's not up to AMD what the gain from Mantle is.

Mantle just gives a low level accses to CPU/GPU/RAM the peformance gain will be diffrent from developer to developer just like it's on consoles.

AMD can't give peformance numbers for Mantle because that's not how it works they already gave us the numbers and those are the Draw Calls and they are 10-20x higher then on DirectX and OpenGL.

It's like a box full of Lego some people build a house and others build a castle.

RTX2070OC 

AMD can't give peformance numbers for Mantle

But they can say how their cpus outperform intels because of mantle but not give us any details. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.