Overclocking ram for Ryzen?

So i just upgraded from my athlon 860k to a 1700x with a asus x370 prime, ive been buying parts for it and to be safe i bought 2, 4gb sticks of hyperx 2133mhz memory. With ryzen i have seen from benchmarks that these chips can benifit massively from faster ram. So until i sell off my old rig i dont have any money for faster ram, i want to overclock mine

in my bios i know i can just turn up the frequency of the memory but is that there is to it? Do i need to adjust things like timing and voltages as well? Or is just turnig the frequency up good enough?

subbed for answer. baffling to me. 

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

11 minutes ago, Matthewv1998 said:

So i just upgraded from my athlon 860k to a 1700x with a asus x370 prime, ive been buying parts for it and to be safe i bought 2, 4gb sticks of hyperx 2133mhz memory. With ryzen i have seen from benchmarks that these chips can benifit massively from faster ram. So until i sell off my old rig i dont have any money for faster ram, i want to overclock mine

in my bios i know i can just turn up the frequency of the memory but is that there is to it? Do i need to adjust things like timing and voltages as well? Or is just turnig the frequency up good enough?

depending on how much faster your kit can be you might get away with just increasing the frequency, but you will probably not get away with it, and you will need to increase the timings little by little until it works, search for ram overclocking guides, most of what was applicable to ddr3 still is for ddr4 (except for voltages)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2017 at 0:40 AM, Matthewv1998 said:

Credit to NoobCase: